Fun Day Flying

All about RCs in the air. If it's a plane, a helicopter, a ufo, or anything else that flies in the air - it goes here.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Fun Day Flying

Post by SHAUN »

Well , I went flying today ( rc planes ) I have a RCM Trainer .40 , with a Hi tech laser 4 radio , and a Magnum .46 BB 2 stroke engine. So , my first few flights went good , until my 5th flight I was flying a figure eight. Of course something had to go wrong , my left wheel fell off , I got scared but kept calm , I attempted to land once , but got scared and pulled away. I lined up again and once I got close I killed the throttle and turned the throttle trim all the way down thus shutting off the motor , once my wheel touched I slammed the stick to the front/left keeping the axle the wheel fell off , off of the ground , and started to add some left rudder , and when the plane slowed down enough the axle finally hit , and dug into the ground and spun the plane around. I bent out the landing gear and put on the extra wheel I keep in my tool box it was a bit big but worked ok , the rest of the day went good Charlie got out a 3d plane he put a smoke system on witch was really cool.

Loctite is your friend :-) .
1000+ post of BS.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Re: Fun Day Flying

Post by SuperFly »

SHAUN wrote:...once my wheel touched I slammed the stick to the front/left keeping the axle the wheel fell off , off of the ground , and started to add some left rudder , and when the plane slowed down enough the axle finally hit , and dug into the ground and spun the plane around
That's probably what you would do in real life as well with a fixed-gear plane. With retractable gear a belly landing would probably be the way to go.

sounds fun.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Scared the shit out of me my first thought in my head was, "fuck my plane is toast".
Tomorrow after school I will try and get some pictures of my plane.
1000+ post of BS.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Pics

1000+ post of BS.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

fuck! that's a stunner man. I'd love a plane like that, but i'd never be able to fly it :lol:

Nice plane, all we need now is some video of that beast taking off 8-)
We don't need no god damn roads!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

You're finally looking up kid :-o
Now all you have to do is stop knocking noobs, keep your nose clean and see if you can educate us on some RC flight. These pics made me proud of you.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Plane looks kick ass man.

Vids would be awesome..

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein