Micro Mosquito...Disappointing

All about RCs in the air. If it's a plane, a helicopter, a ufo, or anything else that flies in the air - it goes here.
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

Post by dogbreathracing »

Just get a Picoo Z and be done with it, at least they fly!
http://www.zippyvideos.com/2618287886240496/dcao1901/
R/C Crash Test Dummy
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Murdoch wrote:If this third MM is as bad as the one I have, could you send me a picco Namuna? Will pay through paypal.
Are you in the US? If so you can just go to that RS you keep going to and if they ain't got it in stock they should be able to special order it and do a "Direct2U" ship (they'll ship it to your house, for FREE!). That's how I got 3 of my PicooZ's and 2 of the bad Micro Mosquitoes.

But I keep thinking you're in Canada though...If you are, then I don't know if it's worth your while to get a PicooZ. Ratshack hiked the price over here up to $39.99 for one, then there's the added Paypal fees for the money conversion and THEN there's the shipping. By the time it's all said and done, you're probably paying over $50(US) for the PicooZ!

If you still want to go ahead though, hit me on the PM and we can work out the details.
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Namuna wrote:Ratshack hiked the price over here up to $39.99 for one
Really? I'd definitely wait then, because they will go on sale soon. If not before the holidays, certainly after.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

Old thread, I know.

But I've bought a couple sets of replacement motors for the MM. I'll be able to get the two best ones out of that lot and I should have this bird flying again after being grounded for so long.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

Great news everyone!

I've finished off installing the replacement motors and holy shit! they made one hell of a difference. I was able to fly a full charge without any toilet bowl action, uncontrollable spinning or any of that other weird shit.

Here's the store where I got the motors from.

I just finished a small mod where I stuck some bits of wire onto the lipo tabs themselves.. and I could get a better charge using the ICE.. and that translated into more power.

Once you get the bugs worked out and add a few tweaks, it becomes an absolute delight to fly.