Our New Micro-Helis, ESky HBII FP, and Blade CX

All about RCs in the air. If it's a plane, a helicopter, a ufo, or anything else that flies in the air - it goes here.
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

Our New Micro-Helis, ESky HBII FP, and Blade CX

Post by dogbreathracing »

Through a bit of work on a cool deal with my racing buddy RCM, we were both able to jump up into larger (than the Picoo Z) 4 ch helis. We both went in different directions with RCM choosing the Blade CX while I went with the Esky Honey Bee II FP.

RCM's CX Twin Rotor (15 inch main rotor)

Dog's Esky HBII FP (20 inch main rotor)

Both of these are much bigger than the tiny Picoo Z but both are still capable of being flown indoors....with a lot of practice.

Both of these helis were bought for around $100

Now the real fun begins.............
R/C Crash Test Dummy
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

I've got the HBII FP m'self and even after a goodly amount of practice on a Sim first, I never got the HB flying well. But I attribute the problem more to my total lack of any troubleshooting/setup skills with a Heli.

A coworker/buddy of mine just recently bought the new Blade CX2 (2nd gen I reckon?) and the inherent stability of a dual-rotor setup has made him VERY happy, the thing almost flies itself!...But that's a double-edged sword as he's already starting to get a little bored with it because his flying skills have gotten better and now he craves a little more challenge.

Make sure you swing over to the RCGroups forums for TONS of info on these birds!
Here's the BIG HB FP thread over there:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... o=lastpost
bitPlaya'

Post by dogbreathracing »

Yeah I do RCGroups also and have read most of that thread....one of the reasons I bought that heli was the amount of info and kudos it recieved at that site
R/C Crash Test Dummy