new heli HB King V2

All about RCs in the air. If it's a plane, a helicopter, a ufo, or anything else that flies in the air - it goes here.
Clint
bitPimp

new heli HB King V2

Post by Clint »

Picked up an E-Sky Honey Bee King V2 (yellow ARF)

8-)

They are unbelievably cheap for a micro w/belt drive. ARF was 57$ from rc711.com.
RTF is about $115. If you do grab an RTF, a brushless upgrade is 100% necessary,
but you can grab an esky brushless motor and 25amp esc for ~50$.

It's a 400 size heli..basically a 450 compatible size bellhiller head and tail
assembly with the 300 size length tail boom/belt. Overall Body size is
comparable to a Blade CP, but the main blades are larger at 600mm
diameter(bcp is ~525mm) and the 450 size head makes for a taller
profile. Other than that, it still feels like a 300 size heli, and can be
upgraded/stretched with trex and other 450 parts easily.

Electronics are ordered(should be here this coming week)
I figured WTH..lets go with some luxury parts:

Just Go Fly 400DH 4000kv motor
Castle Creations Pheonix 25 amp esc
Castle Creations Berg 7P RX
Castle Creations 10amp switching BEC
(all three CC parts use the usb castle link :-o )
ThunderPower Prolite 1350mah 3s lipo
3 E-flight s75 servos for collective
Futaba GY401 Heading Hold Gyro
Futaba Digital micro servo s3154 for tail

Teardown and reassembly will occur once more parts arrive, for now heres some pics as it is.

SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

That thing is cool. I've wanted to get a heli for a couple years now, just haven't taken the leap.
1000+ post of BS.
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

Copycat :-) I just got mine running after my electronics came in on friday. I havn't flown any helis since my old FP broke last winter after a few flights.. relearning on this heli is pretty fun :shock:. On the last pack I got some ~30 second long hops. The important thing is I haven't broken anything yet, thats pretty lucky. Anyways, you have some nice stuff on yours.. Castle, TP, Futaba.. I have this shit:

Stock brushed motor(outta here, as soon as I can afford a BL)
Blue Arrow brushed esc
Hextronic 1000 mah 20c 3s
China 3a BEC

Spektrum AR6000
HS-55 on the main rotor
HS-50 on the tail
Esky HH gyro

It all works.. I can't get all the vibration out, or the blades to track perfectly, but it seems to be ok.

Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

Nice Beanoman! glad to see another king in the group. :-o

Parts are trickling in slowly. Still waiting on some key items(pinions, bec, rx and lipo), so i'm just working on getting the radio setup.
guerd87
bitPlaya'

Post by guerd87 »

geez you guys are lucky over there!

we dont have anything like this at a nice price here in AUS,, and its a killer to buy it from there and get it shipped :?

cant wait to seee these in action, movies please :-o

beanoman, have you got any movies of yours flying with brushed motor? interested to see how they go with no brushless
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

I took a few minutes of video from some different flights and they came out just totally horrible. I guess it was because it was a sunny day, but the heli was in the shadows from the trees it was flying under.

I can't take a video now because the junky hextronic pack puffed to hell.. I took it out this morning and it was about 5-10mm thicker than it was the night before. Sure enough, the 3s pack was below 5 volts..

Oh well, it lasted a pretty long time. I think I got my $18 out of it a long time ago :-o

Heres how the heli is doing now. I have had one bad crash, was forced to dump it from 10 feet- luckily it only bent a few metal pieces. The flybar, 2mm, and the feathering shaft- 4mm metal shaft :shock: it was still flying fine after that until the pack puffed. Anyways I think I will order from hobby lobby- I will just have to get a pack instead of another spektrum rx like I planned, and a bit sooner than I wanted, too.

When I get new tail blades, I will have to find something to land on if I fly over grass, lol..