Harbor Freight Helicopter

All about RCs in the air. If it's a plane, a helicopter, a ufo, or anything else that flies in the air - it goes here.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Harbor Freight Helicopter

Post by frizzen »

Ok first off, don't actually know anything about this. I've seen it in their stores for months, but I've always been spending a lot of money on tools and didn't want to drop even more. I saw one of the store sale flyers at work last week and remembered it again, $10 off regular price somebody might be interested, I dunno.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=95125

3channel RTF helicopter at Harbor Freight Tool and Salvage for $50 (instore sale for $39.99 until mid sept). Differentially powered contrarotating blades and the tail rotor changes pitch. 8AA batteries for TX and some kind of crappy rechargible in the heli? Clone of something better?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I got one about a year ago, I like it. It takes some practice to learn to fly, and I have nothing to compare it to so it may not be as good as other helis'. I dont know. The flight time advertised is accurate. It doesn't handle cross winds well but overall it's pretty good for the money.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

Might be a clone of radio shack's micro mosquito. At least the coax blades and the tail setup is similar.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

It might be based after it, but it's bigger than the Micro Mosquito, it's actually a little bigger than the RS Spinblade.

How about a review on them?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'