Micro-DT CORR?

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Micro-DT CORR?

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

Well with CORR trucks being the new craze going around, I got the bug. Of course I don't have the money for a slash or slayer or what not, but I do have a Micro-DT. I was wondering if any of you pimps have been working on a Micro-CORR. I've searched around and only found one guy on microtforums. If I can't find anything else I might end up doing something like that, but I was hoping to find a body that would fit the tires a little more to scale. I figure with the suspension set up and the mock beadlock tires, it is already off to a good start for the scale approach. Let me know. Peace.

Here is a pic of phaser's on Microtforums.
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I've been jonesin' a CORR truck myself. That is pretty cool looking, but I wouldn't want to add anymore weight to the Micro-DT. I am look into picking up some parts fro the Associated RC8 to convert my Tectonic. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Adding that much weight the tail end didn't seem like the best solution. I was just hoping for a more-scale body that stretched over the wheels to make them look more realistic.
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

It sounds like a good idea, Have you considered one of riper7777777s stock car chassis that stretch it to roughly 1/24 scale? you could use a static model body to make it accurate. Or you could do he same on your own, Ripper's using lexan for the chassis, it should be easy enough to make one...when you go 1/24 it should cover the wheels better.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

Post by dogbreathracing »

Driven Productions over at TheToyz has a CORR body out that fits over the tires, however because of the wheelbase and width it looks a bit wide....but it is available
R/C Crash Test Dummy
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

dogbreathracing wrote:Driven Productions over at TheToyz has a CORR body out that fits over the tires, however because of the wheelbase and width it looks a bit wide....but it is available
Do you mean this one?
http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_photo.lasso?id=11110

The proportions are off, but I've grown used to bits, so I like it. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

Post by dogbreathracing »

Yup thats the one....we were going to buy three or four when e first heard of them....we run on a RCP track and wanted a full body to help from snagging the rails with exposed tires....but they are really wide, almost brick-like

I guess to get the right proportions you would have to stretch the chassis another 3/4 to 1 inch
R/C Crash Test Dummy