Micro T Firebird Stock Car 56K warning

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: Micro T Firebird Stock Car 56K warning

Post by sidewinder »

If you ever want to get out of the minis don't get a front wheel drive...you learn bad habits. It would be better having a slower rear drive car if you plan on moving up. I've watched a lot of good mini racers jump from a fwd into a rwd bigger car and suck because they don't handle at all alike. The Mustang is too heavy unless they have a high minimum weight in the class. I'd look for a early Toyota Celica GTS or even a Chevette if you can swap a S10 motor in it. BTW is the track dirt or pavement?

Hey Frizzen, where were you when I was building it? :lol: That would have been good idea...oh well, I'll give it a shot on the next one.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

sidewinder wrote:If you ever want to get out of the minis don't get a front wheel drive...you learn bad habits. It would be better having a slower rear drive car if you plan on moving up. I've watched a lot of good mini racers jump from a fwd into a rwd bigger car and suck because they don't handle at all alike. The Mustang is too heavy unless they have a high minimum weight in the class. I'd look for a early Toyota Celica GTS or even a Chevette if you can swap a S10 motor in it. BTW is the track dirt or pavement?

Hey Frizzen, where were you when I was building it? :lol: That would have been good idea...oh well, I'll give it a shot on the next one.
its dirt and a chevette would be a bad idea cuz there hard to find parts for and they have to be stock or u will be kicked out. i wish i could put my s-10s motor in it. my dads friend is looking for a ford pinto.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

That was when the board was still active. I stayed out of this section since I don't have any mini/micro T, and not that much desire for one.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

well done sidewinder. I like the fact you've put an actual rollcage into that thing.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Thanks. If you want to see some wild builds (non RC) check out Fred's Resin Workshop here: http://fredsresinworkshop.com/ Look at the Gallery while you're there. Some of the custom builds there could pass for real.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand