From micro-T to micro-Z

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

From micro-T to micro-Z

Post by Sporttracguy »

Ever since Kyosho came out with the DNANO I've wanted t micro on road racer but could never bring myself to drop the cash on the ridiculously overpriced car. Ive had an epoch for a few years and it has been upgraded past its potential so I think its time for the next step.

Fuck you Dnano, I can afford spare parts for my ride :razz:

Here is my start for my spare parts dnano killer, The plan is to use this porsche slot car body:

And a shot of the ultra tiny dog bones :?

Compare to mini z for scale:

and another:

Currently working on the shock towers and steering setup. I'm not happy with the modified micro t wheels although the mini z tires seem to be a perfect fit. I want to figure out a good way to mount the slot car rims (to match the 911) but for testing sake on the prototype these will do.

Ill keep you updated:
STG
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Re: From micro-T to micro-Z

Post by VooDooMafia »

Any new news on this cause its looks cool as hell
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

It does look cool, I missed this when it was first posted.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

You may want to check out Ranch Design for 1/43 scale alloy wheels, Urethane tires, resin wheels inserts, resin bodys and vac form bodies...he'll make custom alloy wheels too.

It's a 1/43 scale slot car biz but some the parts may work for you...and as mentioned above, he does custom work for reaonable prices.

That being said...great idea and looking forward to seeing the finished project :-o

PF
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:It does look cool, I missed this when it was first posted.
Me too. Sorry I did.

So it looks like a rally car, you driven it offroad?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

As of right now this project was put on the back burner,,,Ive been having a hard time finding shocks that fit this. Ill probably end up modifying some micro t shocks but for now ive been sidetracked by some other projects (what else is new)

Anyways, the goal of this project was to make a dnano style car that I could actually drive on my street at a reasonable price. The Dnano is cool but for the price and the limits of driving surfaces its just not practical for me. This ride is meant to be driven on black top and may end up seeing occasional rally scene.

During testing the dogbones seem to hold up well and spun true. The steering works well although Im looking for a better linkage solution. (right now it is using lexan linkages) the only issue as of now is the shocks but that will be figured out soon.

Ill keep you updated

STG
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

any new updates on this months later?

idea's on the shocks, use the stock one's, do the stock shock mod, but instead of trying to keep them at the stock height setup, use more wire insullation on the shafts to keep them from fully extending, which will than cause them to be shorter shocks, im assuming you will not need them to compress alot since this is on road. and another thing, use 4 front shocks as the shafts are shorter.

http://www.microtforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1221
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

done anything to it over the years?
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Holy dead threads Batman :shock: But if you're still around and paying attention I'd be interested in any updates you've made as well. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

BRAAAIIINS.........

That's another cool project that I'd missed out on the first time through.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Sorry pimps, no update. This project was pushed aside due to my r/c ADD (im sure you all experience this from time to time :sad: ) The car is still at this stage in a box with several other half done projects...maybe one day there will be an update, until then I hope this sparked some sort of inspiration :-)

STG