So I'm walking through the Dollar store today...

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

So I'm walking through the Dollar store today...

Post by sidewinder »

...and I see these really cheap remote control pickup trucks. They go forward and back, plus they turn in reverse!!! Whoo-Who! not to mention they thoughtfully included a wire between the 'transmitter' and the truck so it doesn't get away from you. they were just under $10:

OK, so they're not quite a Revo, or even a Savage, but something about them kept calling to me...

My next stop was the LHS, to get a cheap battery to include with a truck I just sold on ebay, as I'm waiting to talk to the counter guy I notice some Micro Raminator tires in the sale bin, they were reduced to $7. All of a sudden it was a "you got chocolate in my peanut butter" moment. I bought the raminator wheels, and rushed back to the dollar store.

When I got home I grabbed a scrap piece of styrene and cut a piece to length to see what the Micro T would look like stretched to fit the 1/24ish scale truck.

Ok, nothings done right yet, I'll probably go with a lexan chassis, and the body is just kind of sitting propped up right now, but it looks like it might be a worthwhile project.

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
ynad
bitNinja

Re: So I'm walking through the Dollar store today...

Post by ynad »

That works :-o
Somehow Kyosho Overlander comes to mind .