Flying with your rc

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Re: Flying with your rc

Post by Sporttracguy »

Cabo: We are on maui at ka'anapali beach.

Since its so windy here I was able to find an area that the sand had been smoothed out(most of the sand is full of foot prints that seem like the grand canyon to the micro t. Ill try and have my wife film me driving a little better. I had a heck of a time driving while holding a camera. The front tires handle surprisingly well, it steers very well. After looking at other rc paddle tires and even full scale paddle tires I had thought that my tire may be too aggressive and high profile but these things dig in and just send the car off like a rocket.

I will say these tires are a modification of the original ones i had posted previously. I ended up purchasing some larger blades (on accident) and was forced to cut them down and mount them sideways. The profile is slightly lower but still provides a good scoop.

STG
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

:eek: WOW
That thing flew :shock:
Look at that wheelie, awesome
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Well Im back in Washington now :o I wasnt able to pry my wife away from her books so I ended up having to video these myself again (so dont judge too much. again, its hard to drive and tape at the same time.)

I found the weakness of my tires, towards the end of my trip I ended up stripping out the wheel center. Ive done this before on other wheels but since there is so much extra stress on the wheels It happened much sooner than I had thought. Guess Ill have to move over to metal next time.

Enjoy:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFa3tPbArjQ[/youtube]
STG
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

you did good, at least you didn't drive into the sea :grin:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

It makes me wish we had sand around here, it kind of looked like a bottle rocket when you toss them on the ground. :mrgreen:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

have you had any problems with your brushless system?I had gotten one and it cut out after the first run. the steering still works but the throtle doesn't. :o and now i lost the programing card. :mad:
hello world! Prepare for the gayness
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

WOW - does that thing ever scoot! I've had my eye on the Mini DT for awhile...they look really nice. Very cool - and what slice of paradise too! :-o

I have no idea how you drove that rocket, steered and filmed at the same time...must of been before the beach bar opened. :wink:

PF
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

some guy tried to confinscate my 1/10 team ascosiated from me. i would not let hime have it so he had to sit across from me the whole 6 hours to tennese.