my micro t broke

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

my micro t broke

Post by vwmicrosizer »

what shode i do with a micro t with a broken transmission. i dont want to pay $50 just to get a bad job done.
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Re: my micro t broke

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

Then buy a new one for or aluminum one for $15 and save $35 on whatever thing you are talking about.

http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_det ... &cat_name=
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

How do you figure it's the tranny? Are the gears stripped?

and $50? Where are you getting your prices?

$15 for a whole new one - complete http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/De ... D=LOSB1511
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

at a hobby shop here in soldotna alaska. they replaced the gearing and a couple other things it literily took 30 minites. they charged me $25 for the parts and $25 for instaling. i dont want to get it fixed again. what can i do with micro t circuits and servo and motor. should i put them in a crappy cheap rc or what?
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

As far as what to do with the electrics...... Me pesonally, I'd use them in a small scale custom RC.
But that would be like moving a mountain to someone that can't remove a few screws to replace a broken part on a micro-t.

Not trying to be mean or rude, but that is really a pet peave of mine. I know for sure that there are many kids (and adults) who buy for themselves or get hobby grade RCs for presents, and if they break.... they throw them away or shove it the closet. Hopefully most will return to the LHS for repairs that they can't handle, but I am willing to bet most repairs are easy for the average RC hobbiest.

And guess what?! This is a forum where most all of us have large RCs down to the tiniest RCs. The beauty of a RC forum is that searching for an answer, or asking questions appropriately will yield more knowledge than you could imagine. Just keep in mind, some forums will flame you or get on your case for simple things that we take for granted or we feel you should already know how to do. Like if you own a RC or even know how to breathe, then you know which way to turn a frackin screwdriver.

Sorry for the rant..... but, when I was 7 or 8 years old, I was given a screwdriver by my dad, and I started disassembling toys and things, and reassembling them. He even showed me how to use a VOM to see if batteries were dead, or still good. And that is why I get aggrevated about those little things. If at that age, I could make a little vehicle contraption from a stomper motor, cardboard paper and tape, then people who know how to turn a key to unlock a door should at least know the simple mechanics of things.

I bet if you tried to repair it yourself, you would find that it isn't all that hard. The hardest part is remembering which screw went where when reassembling. But easy if you payed close attention when you removed them.

And that is my personal challenge to you.......
Dissassemble the Micro-t. What will it hurt? You might learn a bit.
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

i can replace them just i want to do someting with the electronics. i mean the whole tranmission is stripped
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

I guess I stand corrected then. :|
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

LMAO!

ibjamn - The patron Saint of the bewildered...
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

im go n to try and fix it again ibjamn. and btw i use screw drivers and wrenches on my 1984 chevy s-10 sport. i just put a roll bar in the back of my s-10
Last edited by vwmicrosizer on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

You see, that is why I'm confused. You seem to know these things, yet you payed for someone to do it before?

Of course then again, I guess about 25% of my job is doing something for customers that they could do themselves if they just spent an hour on the web reading up on the matter........ :?
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

ibjamn wrote:You see, that is why I'm confused. You seem to know these things, yet you payed for someone to do it before?

Of course then again, I guess about 25% of my job is doing something for customers that they could do themselves if they just spent an hour on the web reading up on the matter........ :?
well when they did this was when they first came out and i started upgrading it but i didnt know alot about them at the time. but now i know alot about them. oh i just found out today that my electronics might be bad.
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Circular Reasoning – supporting a premise with the premise rather than a conclusion.

i.e Talking to a drunk women... :?

e.g. This thread... :? :? :?
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

how can you find out that your electronics 'might' be bad?

they're either good or bad. it's not hard to figure out.

i've seen some dumb threads but this one is right up there with people talking about their cat in a twitter feed. it makes me want to :hurl:
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

Murdoch wrote:how can you find out that your electronics 'might' be bad?

they're either good or bad. it's not hard to figure out.

i've seen some dumb threads but this one is right up there with people talking about their cat in a twitter feed. it makes me want to :hurl:
Like the car will get a jittery and not move what so ever some times i will hold the throttle down and it will not do anything. Some times it just dosent work.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

I know what that problem is......

E.S.O.