Losi has a new micro

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Losi has a new micro

Post by sidewinder »

It's been a while since Losi has introduced a new version of their Micro T so I guess it was time...the Losi Micro High Roller http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.as ... D=LOSB0237

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Re: Losi has a new micro

Post by Murdoch »

you'd think they'd start to include a 2.4ghz radio by now, what with the components being small and cheap enough.
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

about fuckin time, im getting it NOW!!!!
hello world! Prepare for the gayness
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

OOOOooooo me like it.

Did you guys look at this?
http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/LOSB0237Manual.pdf

take note of the AC charger....
1. Plug the AC charger into the proper wall receptacle (110V - US version). Plug the battery
pack into the charger and let it charge for 1 hour for the first time. After running, or when the
Micro-HIGHroller slows noticeably, recharge the battery pack for 2-3 hours for a full charge.
How long!?! :o
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

two words, HACK IT

Post by sidewinder »

That new chassis doesn't look like it's set up for easy battery changes, which kind of sucks. But, I suppose you could make a door to do quick changes. Other than that it looks pretty cool.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

Now this one I can see myself owning! A 1/36 basher, OH YEAH :twisted:
[]D [] []V[] []D
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

there is a is a little lid thingy on the side of the car, take that off and slide the battery in

Post by tyhodge07 »

these are def cool.. a few complaints.. the ac charger sucks, 2 hours or more to charge and 15 minute runtime's. major down fall from the other micro's for losi. the axels for this are longer being the wheels are wider. another downfall for losi. so as of right now, there are no threaded axels to run the stock wheels and only 1 set of wheels o run on the new longer axel's. i personally think losi has made a couple mistakes with this one, but non the less this is by far one of the coolest looking ones. the motor with the new hole in the can of it also will be a dirt collector, like the past stock ones wernt already. and one last thing, the losi brushless motor WILL not fit onto this with the stock motor setup how it comes out the box, you will need to drop the motor back to the old micro's position being on the back (involves moving a plate off the other stock tranny/motor plate)
oldtamiyaphile
bitHood

Post by oldtamiyaphile »

Is there anything to stop someone fitting T axles and Raminator wheels? Or does the Ram share the wide axles? That's my plan for a more to scale monster truck look. Then maybe I can ditch that evil monster OL for good.
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

oldtamiyaphile wrote:Is there anything to stop someone fitting T axles and Raminator wheels? Or does the Ram share the wide axles? That's my plan for a more to scale monster truck look. Then maybe I can ditch that evil monster OL for good.
you can switch to the typical axel's, threaded axels still and run the ram wheels, the ram wheels fit the older style axels. as of right now the HR is the only micro running the longer axel's.

and to give you an idea of how it will look with the ram wheels, imo it looks pretty sick. this one has a custom cf chassis also and the wide track kit, first one done up to this as of right now.

build up and lots of info on this and how to mod te stock HR wheels to fit the stock T, B, DT, etc threaded axel's: http://www.microtforum.com/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0