Finally got this Epoch turbo done.

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
crazydave
bitPimp

Finally got this Epoch turbo done.

Post by crazydave »

Man, this thing frustrated me. I had it together 2 weeks ago, and it probably was working, but I was being incredibly stupid. Maybe this story can serve as a lesson to others on how to not be stupid.

As others have said, it took about an hour to build 10-15 minutes to install. I had the car completely back together. Turned it on and nothing, the car was completely dead. Didn't surprise me, I'm used to failure. So I took it all the way apart and put it back to stock. Turned it on, pulled the trigger, and... d'oh. I forgot I took the crystal out, because the tag was getting in my way. So I reinstalled it. Steering, no throttle. So I go to pull it apart, and I forgot to hook up the battery. I hook up the battery, and still nothing, so I go to take it apart again, and this time, since I'm getting frustrated, I had hook the v+ to the terminal next to it. I might have been thrown off a minute thinking "pw" meant power. So I go to take it apart one more time, but its too late, the poor hardwired turbo wasn't strong enough, and the pins started popping off my FETs.

So that first turbo probably worked perfect the first time, I had just need to put the damn crystal back in. :roll:

Now 2 weeks later, I finally got it built and installed in under an hour, and it worked the first time!

Definately helped out. Big time. With the 4 cells already installed, this now an exceptable car. I just need to get one of them Kyosho motors ph2t tracked down, and I think I'll be more than satisfied.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

Good job on the turbo dave! Man, i had the exact same problem, and always have it with my epoch, i take out the crystal and take the whole thing apart to figure out whats wrong!

I ordered that same motor about a week ago, should be here soon :), thanks for the credit for the pics, but all credit goes to LBRC!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i did the same thing last night swapping pcb's in an xmod, power up and nothing! wired the nelly to the wrong pads!

4 cells + turbo makes epochs the way they shoulda been done! :-o
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one making stupid mistakes. :lol:

And yeah, Arfin, I should be saying thanks to LBRC, and Microsash for figuring this stuff out, so thanks guys :-) , but I do appreciate you taking the time to take pictures and make charts. Really saved me a lot of effort.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"