Epoch/Iwaver pcb ?

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Epoch/Iwaver pcb ?

Post by honda_s2000 »

Hey guys,

Could anyone tell me, or direct me to a picture/link that shows how to hook up an Iwaver02 board to an epoch ? I'd really like to use one on my epoch spec2, so I can gain some more low-speed throttle control for cruising.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-o
We don't need no god damn roads!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

it's pretty straightforward, i think you can figure it out.
the iwaver/miniz servo uses the same motor and pot as an epoch. you could just literally drop an iwaver pot and motor straight in the epoch, no soldering required.
except for the power leads and motor wires which will need to be soldered on.
i used to be cool
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Thanks betty, I was just curious as the epoch has a 3 wire POT, but the Iwaver02's have a 2 wire no ? :???: If so, then i'll just drop in an iwaver POT, provided it will fit in ok :cool:
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Forget that, I decided to tear into it and hook up the iwaver board. I just left out the "white" POT wire, just like on the iw02 POT, and it's fine :-o

Been trying to center the pot, and get it into the chassis now for at least an hour, so much so that the epoch batts are now drained :shock: , got any tips on keeping the pot centered once it's centered ? I can get it all set up, with the steering perfect, but the POT always get's slightly nudged when going in to the front slot.... :???:
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

short 2 of the 3 pins on the potentiometer so it looks like the iwaver setup.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Cheers bro, I managed to figure that out beforehand actually, but my new problem is worse. :o

Once all wired up, I can only seem to steer right, ie if I hold the steering motor in my hand, center the POT, and then steer left, nothing happens, allthough when I steer right, the motor goes perfectly. I think it's a steering FET, but I cant be sure as I know bugger all :lol: .

Any help would be appreciated. :-o

anyone know why DG masters are so much faster ? Is it the huge FET ? :???: And would the bug turbo make a difference or not ?

Cheers :-o
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

re the steering prob, you sure it's not an end point setting on the tx?
or the trimpot on the rx?
tried a known working pcb?

probably is the fets in the dg that make it so quick, i have an iwaver servo motor in mine and it flies.
i used to be cool
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

betty.k wrote:re the steering prob, you sure it's not an end point setting on the tx?
or the trimpot on the rx?
tried a known working pcb?

probably is the fets in the dg that make it so quick, i have an iwaver servo motor in mine and it flies.
Me too, it really does fly with that motor, I found one lying around in a parts box, and figured it was the same size, got it in there and well... it was night and day difference! :eek:

Thanks for the tip, it's definatly not the TX or the Trimpot on the RX though, this is infact my last iwaver pcb :o :lol: