Team Losi Micro-T: A crazydave review

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
ChemicalInDependency
bitHood

Post by ChemicalInDependency »

you know it kills me that theres two micro-t's under my tree and i cant bust em out. i bought myself and my bro one for cristmass but if i pull mine out hell know he got one.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Excellent review, Dave. The vid was the last push I needed.

I finally got mine ordered. It's back-ordered, but they're supposed to be getting more in on Monday. I got it at www.killerhobbies.com .
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

Mine's sitting in front of me. I'd love to drive it, but out of the box the battery was shot, and the real insult to injury is that Horizon will not have a battery to fix it until mid-JANUARY! So, uh, anyways, I was browsing through Balsa Products, and picked up a li-po pack... :lol:
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

WOW, Great job Dave :-o

Thats a damn good review. I was getting kinda tipsy about buying one of these babys, but your reviews got me conviced, and that videos worth a thousand words as well. I heard Killer Hobbies has a good deal on em, gunna go check it out :-)
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Just wanted to give a follow up to some of the issues mentioned in the review.

The diff has loosened up quite a bit, but it still feels really notchy. It turns a 1000x better though. I'd be happy if it were not for my new Micro-T. It has a super smooth diff. Not even a hint of notchyness, and just a tad resistance. This car drives so smooth. I found I wasn't goosing the throttle constantly like I did in that vid, and I wreck less too. :lol:

The battery is continueing to give me false peak problems. Its not so bad, because you just have to keep unplugging it, and plugging it back in. It sucks because you gotta keep you eye on it constantly, and keep track of how long its actually charged. I got my new Micro-T and it charges for 25 minutes straight, no problem. I tried the new charger on the old battery, and it took a 23 minute charge. I tried the old charger on the new battery and same deal, had to restart it every 5 minutes or so. I even put a fresh set of batteries in it, even though the old batteries were still at 1.49v, and it did it again. So apparently my first charger is a lemon, and not the battery. Glad replacement batteries are out of stock, and I didn't waste my money on those. I want to call Losi and ask for a replacement charger, I think I deserve a charger that works properly, but I've had to call Losi for other cars already, and they blew off my request for the missing shock collar on the oil shocks for my Mini-T. So I feel kinda awkward bugging them a again.

So I guess I kinda got a lemon the first time, and I was still really satisfied with it, but my new one is perfect, and I love it even more. SG will be happy to know the green one turned out to be the better car.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

crazydave wrote:
The diff has loosened up quite a bit, but it still feels really notchy. It turns a 1000x better though. I'd be happy if it were not for my new Micro-T. It has a super smooth diff. Not even a hint of notchyness, and just a tad resistance. This car drives so smooth. I found I wasn't goosing the throttle constantly like I did in that vid, and I wreck less too. :lol:
Finally picked up a pair(1 red and 1 green) and the green one
experienced the same notchiness as yours. Even with the motor
removed it freewheeled notchy. So I backed out the 4 screws
(3 gearbox,1shocktower) clamping the gearbox together about a turn
(not much) and the diff loosened up perfectly.

-Not sure if this is new..or what..but mine also came with a second set of those steering links and a note. They are a clear green plastic.. kinda like blister pak material. The note says these steering links may work better than the stock black ones.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Clint wrote:-Not sure if this is new..or what..but mine also came with a second set of those steering links and a note. They are a clear green plastic.. kinda like blister pak material. The note says these steering links may work better than the stock black ones.
I got mine a few days before Christmas, and it didn't come with that.