Baja Micro-T

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Baja Micro-T

Post by ibjamn »

Xmas came early for me. I went and got one today, and I've had this in mind for a bit. Tamiya 1/32 Monster Beetle Jr body, and Xmod Evo-T upgrade shocks. The red ones seemed to balance out what I wanted. They are softer than the stock fronts, and stiffer than the rears. I had to stretch the rear to take up the 1-2 mm difference in the rear. Needs paint and a body mounting.

stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

Nice dude!! That looks so badass, and how to the Xmod shocks fit? Are they straight drop in?
I posted a link to this over at R7R, gave you full credit and all.
http://www.ripper7racing.com/r7rforums/ ... 4#post5084

If you want me to take it down or anything just let me know.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

Dude, that's exactly what I want for mine. I think a bug body would...well, does look great on these little guys.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Cool. I was praying that Losi would release a baja body as they did for the Mini-T, but now if for some reason they don't, I know what I'm gonna do. :-o

Is that body much heavier? Does it effect handling?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Now thats how you say cool! :cool:

I'm really digging that, get er' painted up and detailed! :-o
We don't need no god damn roads!
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

stagg wrote:Nice dude!! That looks so badass, and how to the Xmod shocks fit? Are they straight drop in?
I posted a link to this over at R7R, gave you full credit and all.
http://www.ripper7racing.com/r7rforums/ ... 4#post5084

If you want me to take it down or anything just let me know.
No worries, on the link that is. I don't freak out on that stuff :cool:
The body isn't mounted yet. I wanted to finish a particular project, and paint the body when I paint the other. So, I don't know how it'll handle yet. It is heavier (I don't have a scale), but to me it doesn't seem that much more.

As far as the shocks, the fronts were a drop in. The rears were just a tad shorter (1 or 2 mm's). I stretched them out a little till they matched the stockers. The other shocks for the Xmod trucks are stiffer, so if the body is heavier, I'll change to compensate :-o

BTW, the Juggy Jr will fit, if the chassis is stretched about an inch.
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

i'm in love! :eek:

i was holding off on buying one of these in the hopes they would release a baja version, but this might just do the trick!
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
ChemicalInDependency
bitHood

Post by ChemicalInDependency »

Just tried the x-mod shocks myself, and found them to be way to stiff. They work great on flat concrete, however any imperfection in the surface sends these little cars outta control. If i had one of those rubber race mats these things would be great. But i love my little dirt track round back, so once the snow melts im going back to the stock shocks.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

It can be a bit bouncy with them, but not bottoming out on the rear at least. I am waiting for someone to figure out an oil filled set up. I might just get some thick grease and coat the insides of the shocks for dampening.

Got the body painted. I just have to do detail work and clear coat. Then the task of mounting it. I still want to be able to use the stock body when outside. :-o