Micro-T OEM Battery Connectors.

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
Namuna
bitPimp

Micro-T OEM Battery Connectors.

Post by Namuna »

Here's the info on the OEM for the Micro-T battery connector (in case you're looking to buy a bunch and stay stock):

http://www.molex.com/cgi-bin/bv/mol...ucts&Lang=en-US
Part Number: 51006-0200 (Female)
Part Number: 51005-0200 (Male)
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks Namuna, I was actually gonna be looking for those. You saved me the effort.
EDIT: just noticed that samples are limited to availability. Of the distrubuters listed, I'd reccomend Mouser. No minimum order, and I've ordered form the many times before. http://www.mouser.com/
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Lol I admit to being disappointed when someone gave the guy at RC Groups the part numbers, I’d have given them to him a week earlier if he hadn’t said he wanted them to make more less than adequate 150mAh LiPo packs.

I’ve been ordering them from Arrow, although they’re currently out of male contacts/terminals (pins), they emailed me to say that my last order was shipped from their Nevada warehouse 5 short, but that the Canadian warehouse has them in stock, if I wanted to pay extra shipping.

Just incase someone wants to order some don’t forget the terminals when ordering, female for the male connector, male for the female.
Also you need a crimping tool and the bad news is that the Molex hand prototyping tool for these connectors is not cheep, the good news is that if you’re careful you can get a decent crimp with an inexpensive 20gage Sub-D connector crimping tool found at most electronic supply stores, a few computer stores, even Rat Shack. As long as your careful not to flatten the retaining tab, that is. The good old soldering method also works, easy on the male a little more difficult on the female terminal, you just need an absolute bare minimum amount of solder.