New Micro T for running around the Hobbit Hole

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

New Micro T for running around the Hobbit Hole

Post by BilboBaggins »

OK, I've been looking at them for a couple of months now.

I've read the reviews.

Seen the images.

But I was still wavering about getting one.

I live in the city, where Asphalt is as prevalent as green lawns (don't get me started on people an lawns by me.)

I had a picture of an inventor left over from my Christmas bonus and my birthday is tomorrow. Plus we were visiting the wife's parents near Allentown, Pa. That means I got to go to Hobbytown USA in Whitehall, PA.

I was trying to decide what I wanted to get.

They had the Mini T Baja for $169.00 (Complete setup and batts and charger).
They has the Mini T truck on sale for $99.00 (But was told it wasn't a complete set like the Bug.)
They had the Micro T for $89.99.

I really liked the bug, but I didn't have any place to use the sand paddle tires and until I see some people near me running them I'll save my money.

So I picked up the Micro T.

IN GREEN.

Channel 1

I also picked up some spare parts (Arms, Shock Mounts, Dog Bones) the things I remember breaking when I had a 10th scale buggy. They didn't have spare tie-rod arms, I asked.

I haven't charged it yet, waiting till I get home but I did pull it out of the packaging.

I like that it came with 16 AA batteries, I wish they were all alkaline (the ones for the transmitter were Carbon heavy duty) but that will be remedied quickly.

But in a small bag in the box was something I didn't expect.

2 spare Polycarbonate tie-rod arms. The note in essence said the were better equipped to survive hard use (I don't have it in front of me with the exact wording). I will probably still make some out of some polystyrene I have at the house just to be safe. Plus a couple of gears and two extra clips (they must have thought of me for that.)

I didn't read the full manual yet but I did see the big lettering saying do not run on Plush Carpeting, Sand or Grass.

Plus I may have to tie the clips with fishing line to keep from losing them. I already spent a few minute on the kitchen floor looking for one that fell.

Now for the Questions.

1. I saw that it has interchangeable crystals. Can I use my X-Mod crystals in it. The manual said they had 6 channels (X-Mods have 12) and was wondering if they would work?

2. Since I'll probably be running it most of the time on Concrete, how long will the tires last?

3. Are there CLEAR bodies available? I would really like a BUG body. I still have some polycarbinate paint in my house from when I ran 24th scale slot cars.

4. How much does the rear spoiler help? I haven't stuck it on yet.

Soon the fun begins. I;m thinking this may be a good Cat toy. :grin:
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Re: New Micro T for running around the Hobbit Hole

Post by SuperFly »

BilboBaggins wrote:OK, I've been looking at them for a couple of months now.

I've read the reviews.

Seen the images.

But I was still wavering about getting one.

I live in the city, where Asphalt is as prevalent as green lawns (don't get me started on people an lawns by me.)

I had a picture of an inventor left over from my Christmas bonus and my birthday is tomorrow. Plus we were visiting the wife's parents near Allentown, Pa. That means I got to go to Hobbytown USA in Whitehall, PA.

I was trying to decide what I wanted to get.

They had the Mini T Baja for $169.00 (Complete setup and batts and charger).
They has the Mini T truck on sale for $99.00 (But was told it wasn't a complete set like the Bug.)
They had the Micro T for $89.99.

I really liked the bug, but I didn't have any place to use the sand paddle tires and until I see some people near me running them I'll save my money.

So I picked up the Micro T.

IN GREEN.

Channel 1

I also picked up some spare parts (Arms, Shock Mounts, Dog Bones) the things I remember breaking when I had a 10th scale buggy. They didn't have spare tie-rod arms, I asked.

I haven't charged it yet, waiting till I get home but I did pull it out of the packaging.

I like that it came with 16 AA batteries, I wish they were all alkaline (the ones for the transmitter were Carbon heavy duty) but that will be remedied quickly.

But in a small bag in the box was something I didn't expect.

2 spare Polycarbonate tie-rod arms. The note in essence said the were better equipped to survive hard use (I don't have it in front of me with the exact wording). I will probably still make some out of some polystyrene I have at the house just to be safe. Plus a couple of gears and two extra clips (they must have thought of me for that.)

I didn't read the full manual yet but I did see the big lettering saying do not run on Plush Carpeting, Sand or Grass.

Plus I may have to tie the clips with fishing line to keep from losing them. I already spent a few minute on the kitchen floor looking for one that fell.

Now for the Questions.

1. I saw that it has interchangeable crystals. Can I use my X-Mod crystals in it. The manual said they had 6 channels (X-Mods have 12) and was wondering if they would work?

2. Since I'll probably be running it most of the time on Concrete, how long will the tires last?

3. Are there CLEAR bodies available? I would really like a BUG body. I still have some polycarbinate paint in my house from when I ran 24th scale slot cars.

4. How much does the rear spoiler help? I haven't stuck it on yet.

Soon the fun begins. I;m thinking this may be a good Cat toy. :grin:
The crystal answer is a yes. I had my micro-T out last time we raced Mini-Zs, and I happened to have the same freq as hue35's mini-z, and his mini-z controller would control the micro-T, and vice versa.

Not sure about the tires, as I've only run it indoors.

I haven't seen any factory clear bodies for this, but I won't be surprised to see some soon.

I put the rear spoiler on because it makes a good handle , but I doubt it has much of an aerodynamic effect.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

From what I've seen Losi only has the bodies painted (red, blue and green) but I think another company (BRP I think) has an unpainted body for it. I may have to look for one, or get it from ebay.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Great cat toy, have a feral we caught and had fixed the vet called her “Spitfire” not exactly something you can pet but she loves to chase the Micro-T up and down the street.

Yes Xmod crystals will work.

Tire life depends solely on you, where, what, and how your driving. I’ve managed to wear the nubs completely off a set but I wasn’t exactly being nice, with luck by the time you need new rubber some choices might be showing up.

BRP has clear bodies out already, Parma has three advertised but not out yet.

Spoiler, haven’t noticed any difference in fact I didn’t even notice when I lost one, the cat probably knows.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I'm gonna be pulling my own lexan real soon like. ;)

I can't imagine a spoiler that small helping much.

I would guess the tires would wear fast on concrete, as I've worn mine down pretty good on carpet, but that's ok, slicks will handle better on concrete.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

LBRC wrote:Yes Xmod crystals will work.
Yeah, 12 channels of micro t's
LBRC wrote:Tire life depends solely on you, where, what, and how your driving. I’ve managed to wear the nubs completely off a set but I wasn’t exactly being nice, with luck by the time you need new rubber some choices might be showing up.
Cool, maybe some hard asphalt compounds.
LBRC wrote:BRP has clear bodies out already, Parma has three advertised but not out yet.
Do you know what the bodies will be? I'd like a Dodge Ram, the wife would love a Saturn Vue.
LBRC wrote:Spoiler, haven’t noticed any difference in fact I didn’t even notice when I lost one, the cat probably knows.
I think I'll put it on.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

BilboBaggins wrote:
LBRC wrote:BRP has clear bodies out already, Parma has three advertised but not out yet.
Do you know what the bodies will be? I'd like a Dodge Ram, the wife would love a Saturn Vue.
Umm yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath for that Saturn. :lol:

BRP's Dirt oval wedge body.
http://www.brpracing.com/711.html

Parma's modified dirt oval body.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/De ... d=PAR60100
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Hmm, not liking the BRP Wedge very much :(

Parma Mod Oval is pretty cool, though :-o
We don't need no god damn roads!
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I dig the BRP body simply because it puts something other than the wheel (and the tie rod) as the first point-of-impact. A body like that would make it possible to run one of these on RCP track.
Last edited by SuperFly on Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

SuperFly wrote:I dig the BRP body simply because it puts something other than the wheel (and the tie rod) as the first poit-of-impact. A body like that would make it possible to run one of these on RCP track.

That's what I was thinking too.

Plus it's going to change up the scale a bit..

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

I don't think I'll go with a dirt oval body for mine. Mainly I don't have any ovals near me to race on. Parma's modified body is really funny looking. I just wish I saw images of their truck bodies.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

The trucks don't seem as bad to me as the modified. They aren't great but you may be able to do a decent paint scheme to mask the oddness of them.
Xcore
bitHood

Post by Xcore »

Just so you know, I bought the mini-t baja. It has an extra set of regular tires included in the package, which is what I use. But, you made a good choice!
Bigg wrote:hi i would like it if everybody would post a pic ofn themselves in latex underwear that they took
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

There are some plastic models out there in 1:35 scale.
I got myself some VW. It fits perfectly changing scale slightly to a better side :grin:
Oh yeah, these little trucks are good. Glad I got one. Glad you got one too.
:-)