New Micro T for running around the Hobbit Hole

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
hopmeup

Post by hopmeup »

Bilbo, a couple of other potential solutions if you haven't already received your replacement e-clips. First, mini quake e-clips work and are bigger than the microscopic Losi micro-T ones. Second, in a pinch you can modify a staple (yes, a staple) to hold the wheel in place.

I got this second tip from the ripper7racing boards. Haven't tried it myself, but as I stated above, would in a pinch!

Good luck!

Chris
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

You're not the same "hopmeup" on Ebay are you?

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
hopmeup

Post by hopmeup »

payaso wrote:You're not the same "hopmeup" on Ebay are you?
Nope, not me. I just realized that now after I've registered and am now stuck for life with this username on this board. :? Oh well!

Chris
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

I got the eclips and screw set on monday at HobbytownUSA. I suggest when you get one of these trucks get either LOSB1043 eclips or LOSB1524 screw set for Micro T (screws and eclips)

I also picked up a second truck.

My first truck is acting slightly odd. It stops and I have to turn it off and on to get it running again.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That is odd... but at least you had an excuse to get a second. I believe everyone should have at least 2. :-D
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

crazydave wrote:That is odd... but at least you had an excuse to get a second. I believe everyone should have at least 2. :-D
I'm going to go through the troubleshooting guide tonight. I think I have to tear the first one apart to see if I can find a malfunction. Of course when all else fails I'll call LOSI. :-D I only got it on the 27th of January. When it stops the motor doesn't run, forgot to check the steering when it happens I'll have to check that tonight. I'm hoping it's not the speed control/Receiver.

The second was on sale at HTUSA and the last they had. But it didn't come with the second set of tie rods. :o

I did get my order from BRP. So I have 2 Classic Hauler bodies, 1 of the Stadium Truck body and a set of Ball Bearings. I'm deciding on paints for these trucks. I think I'll have to pick up some new paints, mine are over a decade old.

Dave, which brand of paint would you use? I have an airbrush I am planning on using so if you know which has the easiest cleanup and thinning for the Air Brush I would like to know. I've used Pactra in the past but I had trouble getting it thinned to flow nicely through the air brush (I'm good at spider webs :eek: ) and it took me forever to clean up after using it. Water cleanup would be nice. Are Tamiya paints water based?
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

BilboBaggins wrote: I'm hoping it's not the speed control/Receiver.

I hate to break it to you but it's most likely the ESC. :( But being only a few weeks old and not been ran though water Losi should replace it.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Scorpion wrote:I hate to break it to you but it's most likely the ESC. :( But being only a few weeks old and not been ran though water Losi should replace it.
I was thinking it could be because of the way it was acting. Heck I haven't even tried a jump with it yet. Only flat low carpet and tile floor. But I'm still going to see if it's something silly (like loose plug) before contacting them.
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

BilboBaggins wrote:
Scorpion wrote:I hate to break it to you but it's most likely the ESC. :( But being only a few weeks old and not been ran though water Losi should replace it.
I was thinking it could be because of the way it was acting. Heck I haven't even tried a jump with it yet. Only flat low carpet and tile floor. But I'm still going to see if it's something silly (like loose plug) before contacting them.
See that would be a possibility but the reason I doubt thats it is you said when you turn it off then back on it works again. If it was a lose wire you'd have to play around with the wires alittle before it started to work again.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

BilboBaggins wrote:I was thinking it could be because of the way it was acting. Heck I haven't even tried a jump with it yet. Only flat low carpet and tile floor. But I'm still going to see if it's something silly (like loose plug) before contacting them.
Scorpion wrote:See that would be a possibility but the reason I doubt thats it is you said when you turn it off then back on it works again. If it was a lose wire you'd have to play around with the wires alittle before it started to work again.
I can hope.

Oh wait Hope is a town in Arkansas.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Well I took my original Micro T back to Hobbytown with the receipt. My thinking is why should I pay to ship it back when I can make somebody else pay the shipping.

They gave me a receipt and I figured I would here from them in a few weeks. But after three weeks I didn't hear anything and I was heading there anyway to pick up some paints for the bodies I got for my new RC18B and the wife's Duratrax Vendetta so I had to ask.

Losi credited them instead of repairing it so I got to pick a new one off the shelf. luckily I got it in the same color (Green) and the same channel (1) as the bad one. I took it over the in-laws and charged it up right away and gave it a spin on the hardwood. WOW, IT WORKS PROPERLY.

Now the weather has cleared I can finally get to painting the Classic hauler bodies I have (I'm making the wife paint one :-D ) and I finally installed the ball bearings in second (Blue) one. Ordered a second set of BRP bearings on eBay ($9.95 with free shipping) and looking to see what I can get from him for the RC18B/T (Yes, I got the shock towers to make it a truck.) He is good to do business with.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Well, its good to hear you got that alll straightened out.

You still haven't painted that hauler body? I just got done with my second. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Well, I finally gave them some proper runs yesterday (once in the driveway behind my work and then later on a carpet track in Vineland, NJ.)

The blue truck was on it's first run on the carpet and I hit a wall (I'm still getting used to it) and broke both steering arms. Luckily I had the spare set from the kit and it was back and running in a few minutes. The Green truck has the clear arms and one of those bent when the wife hit something.

I'm thinking I will have to make a few sets out of plasticard (sheet styrene) to have on hand.

While at the track the wife bought herself a Kyosho Mini Inferno and for me a Losi Mini T.

Now we have between us
Too Many Bits, Zip Zaps and clones to count.
3 X-Mod (Original)
3 X-Mod Evo Trucks
4 x-Mod Evo Cars
1 Mini Z MR-01
2 Micro T's
1 Mini T
1 Kyosho Mini Inferno
1 Duratrax Vendetta
1 Team Associated RC18B (with parts to make it a 18T)

Plus bodies and chargers and paints.

This is getting expensive. Good thing my wife like playing with them a little bit too.

I think I may have to get the Bug body for the Mini T and whatever posts it needs. She like the Bugs.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

BilboBaggins wrote: I think I may have to get the Bug body for the Mini T and whatever posts it needs. She like the Bugs.
That's the only way I can deal with the tire sticking out look of stadium trucks. Man, I had a hell of s time finding a baja body for my XXT years ago. Had to use one for 1/8th scale buggies.
crazydave's Gallery
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

crazydave wrote:That's the only way I can deal with the tire sticking out look of stadium trucks. Man, I had a hell of s time finding a baja body for my XXT years ago. Had to use one for 1/8th scale buggies.
I Like the Stadium truck look, but I personally would love some on-road cars. The problem in price and limited spaces to drive. The trucks at least have the ground clearance for use in my alley (way too bumps for on-road cars). I won't run my X-Mods out there.

The wife was worrying about breaking parts (she scratched up the Vendetta's chassis going into a neighbors yard/garden) and wrecking bodies. I told her Bodies are fairly inexpensive and I can fix the trucks. Just do hit the fence post again. :-D