post layoff consolation prize

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

post layoff consolation prize

Post by HirotoR34 »

Well, last week my company laid off all the seasonal people (including myself) and I was feelin a little down. On my way home, I stopped at an LHS and came across this.....friggen awesome!

just running it around my living room is hard enough, this thing is quick as shit. I definitely makes even my modified Xmods look slow. Can't wait to start modding it....
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Cool, that outta keep ya grinnin' for a while. :-o

I thought my first one was hard to drive around the living room, but the second seemed way more controllable. Make sure the diff is loose. The slipper is set so it slips for a foot or so, and the rear end is level with or higher than the front. Its sensitive to tweaks. I think those are things that helped.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Sorry 'bout being laid off, nice truck!
1000+ post of BS.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

It's all good. I went to my local hobby shop to pick up another one, but they sold out and are on backorder, so I picked up a mini t. Out of the box, I'm impressed with the build quality, but performance wise, my micro t smokes it ! I'm hoping to start upgrading both so that I may terrorize my driveway(not to mention the dog)!

crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That's funny the Micro T smokes it. Mine was pretty fast to start with, but I borrowed the NiMH pack from my MLST, I think that must've helped quite a bit. Bearings and oil shocks are a must. I upgraded my wires and plugs, and picked up a Trinity Termination Machine mod motor for about $30, and I'm plenty happy with the speed.
crazydave's Gallery
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I went to the LHS and picked up a 7.2 Nimh pack and a losi speed motor, and it made a big difference until I fried the pack. I have a Thunder Tiger 30 min charger and had to adapt a mini plug to it. It says it charges 7.2 packs, but it literally melted the pack. Do I have to modify it to charge a Nimh pack?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

what sort is the charger? sounds like a plug pack deal. can you adjust the current?
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I would guess too much current, if the voltage is correct. 2.3 amps is the reccomended charge rate for these cells. I have a Dynamite charger, and it charges the batteries for about 30 minutes at 2 amps.
crazydave's Gallery
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

It says the output is 2.4 amps...probably why this happened (not to mention I walked away from it )

SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Sorry to hear the bad news....but it cracks me up that on the way home from being laid off you stopped at the hobby store and dropped a couple hundred bucks. :-D That's awesome. Gotta have some toys to play with while you're sitting at home. :-o
Tana
bitGangsta'

Post by Tana »

Too bad on the lay off man Hope there is unemployment pay!

I just picked up a micro t today for my bosses kid. I was hoping to mess with it before I send it out. I hate to use the word cute but... it is :lol:
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

SuperFly wrote:Sorry to hear the bad news....but it cracks me up that on the way home from being laid off you stopped at the hobby store and dropped a couple hundred bucks. :-D That's awesome. Gotta have some toys to play with while you're sitting at home. :-o
Yeah, otherwise I'd be playing with knives....

Slight depression + knives = bad shit.... :eek: