AC adapter for micro-t charger

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
ChemicalInDependency
bitHood

AC adapter for micro-t charger

Post by ChemicalInDependency »

Had some spare time, and spare parts. So i figured i would quit buying/recharging batteries to recharge batteries. Using an N size plug and a DPDT slide switch i came up with this.

I am using a 3-12 volt 1000ma AC adapter for the power source. Havent had any problem thus far, and the car gets a more consistent charge. Main reason for making this is i was having problems with low run times and fast power loss after charging 5 or 6 times using the batteries. I added the switch so i can chage between charging with the bats. or with the AC adapter that way i still have the portability
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I like the switch idea. I really got to do that
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ChemicalInDependency
bitHood

It was a real pain in the ass getting everything to fit in there right. I spent almost an hour just measuring making sure i was drilling in the right spot, and that it would all fit.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

nice work dude, here's a similar mod from one of the fellas at r7r

http://www.ripper7racing.com/r7rforums/ ... .php?t=458

Also, make sure your powerpack is a regulated one, you'll get more consistent charges out of it.

The stock LOSI charger is essentially a peak charger at heart. Peak dV chargers are very sensitive to shitty (noisey) AC based DC supplies. A regulated or well filtered supply will help combat this.

cheers,

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
ChemicalInDependency
bitHood

Thats funny i looked in those forums to see if someone had made one yet and never ran across that.