McBlue Dog LIT

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

McBlue Dog LIT

Post by LBRC »

Micro-T with Mini-Z LIT, 27MHz FM BET Supper Narrow Band circuit board. Basically the LIT CB one ups the Ko Propo Mini-Z AD Band upgrade CB, 3010 FETs and all, with the ICS cable you not only end up with a nicely programmable digital servo, but a few throttle options too.
Image Image

Just a touch of bling, not heavy metal, Daytona rubber in the mail.

BTW if you’re looking for shocks go Atomic unless bling is your only interest.
Blue HR, orange Atomic.

A few battery options, I haven’t worked up the nerve to try it at 7.4 volts yet but it should be ok.

Aside from gluing the tires on when they arrive all the easy stuff is pretty much done, leaving the hard part, namely painting the BRP Classic Hauler body blue with appropriate details.

…more to come.
Last edited by LBRC on Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite quote; “dude. it's a peice of wire.....” by ph2t.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

that's so good it's fuggin bullshit!! :lol:
i used to be cool
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Wow.... That's nice. Just like betty said, it's so good it's fuggin bullshit....lol

:shock:

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Bullshit, Bullshit, Bullshit.

Thanks for the heads up on the shocks. :-o

And at least your body isn't painted yet. Now I need to rush home from work so I can lay my last coats. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Thats so dang sweet I am speechless!!! God I have got to get me some of those shocks!

If you need painting tips give me a shout! :grin:

Did you have to do anything to the chassis to fit the battery? Ripper said that to fit the lipo's you had to extend the chassis but it does not seem you did?
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

My major painting worry is how to do the black and chrome on the grill and headlights, should I try to do it first? or mask it and do it after the primary color?

Extending the chassis gives you more LiPo options, anything over 12mm high or 21.5mm wide is a tight squeeze for me. I modified my battery compartments buy permanently gluing the battery cover on and then cutting a hole through both sides with a rotor tool. The end result looks like this:

So far on this car I’ve left both side holes rounded since I’m mostly using the 195mAh NiMH packs and 2p 10440 LiIon’s.

For the brushless McT I enlarged and squared off the right side hole to make it easier to swap out the 7.4v LiPo packs.

My favorite 2s LiPo’s are made from Fullriver 250 cells, and since the modified battery compartment is the width of the car I don’t have to fold the ends over allowing me to make the packs longer but as thin and narrow as possible.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

LBRC wrote:My major painting worry is how to do the black and chrome on the grill and headlights, should I try to do it first? or mask it and do it after the primary color?
I always do the detail work first in this case chrome and black then I paint the rest its always the oppisite on a body like this.

are you going to spray the chrome and black or hand brush. if you hand brush you will still want to mask off the do not paint areas it will give you better lines and a neat look. If spraying then tape off the whole inside.

did this body not come with decals? If you want it better decals try the transfer type from Hobby Lobby they have some great ones for those wooden race cars with grills lights and the works. They look great and are easy to apply!

thanks for the info on the batteries I am fixing to buy another Micro-T so I have one to hack on and I think I will try to go the Lypo way.....
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

LBRC wrote:My major painting worry is how to do the black and chrome on the grill and headlights, should I try to do it first? or mask it and do it after the primary color?
I'm just using the included paint mask for the grill, I'll paint it in chrome, and sharpie the outside. I might cut out the headlights before I lay the white paint, then lay the chrome. That's the stage I'm at right now.

If you were using an airbrush I'd put the black on first, so I could give the bars a little shadow, then lay the chrome.

I just ordered an airbrush, but I couldn't wait to paint theis body just like my Mini LST with the Parma classic truch body, they're nearly identical.
crazydave's Gallery
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I'm just using the included paint mask for the grill, I'll paint it in chrome, and sharpie the outside. I might cut out the headlights before I lay the white paint, then lay the chrome. That's the stage I'm at right now.

If I was using an airbrush I'd put the black on first, so I could give the bars a little shadow, then lay the chrome.

I just ordered an airbrush, but I couldn't wait to paint this body just like my Mini LST with the Parma classic truck body, they're nearly identical.
crazydave's Gallery
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Looking at the BRP photo it sure looks like a decal on the front of their truck, but all that came with my body was the window mask and a hideous “BRP Super Machine” side decal.

One great thing about the Micro-T is that at ~$6 for the chassis it’s not too painful if you’re hacking and slashing doesn’t work out, lol cheaper than messing up the Hauler body.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Ahh I just put my glasses on and see, the forth mask piece down is for the grill, assumed it was the fast back truck window thingy.

CD my plan of action is for you to get to it, so that I can then benefit from your experience and expertise :smile: remember copying is the sincerest form flattery!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

LBRC wrote:CD my plan of action is for you to get to it, so that I can then benefit from your experience and expertise :smile: remember copying is the sincerest form flattery!
Well I had some little issues with my paint job, but the grill detaill came out pretty good I think.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... 127#107127
crazydave's Gallery
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Excellent
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Turned out ok, not happy with the grill so will be making a decal for it.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Can't really see the grill in the pic, but the rest turned out awesome. Love the color, and those flames are the shit. :-o
crazydave's Gallery