My micro t build

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

My micro t build

Post by Sporttracguy »

Hey pimps i know it has been a while since my last post but here is a little of what ive been up to:

Not really happy with the paint job, i got a little over excited with the red pearl on that racing stripe. It was supposed to be a charcoal pearl with a red hue but since the pearl was put on so thick the charcoal didnt show through :sad: All well, i can paint another later. :cool: Oh and as you can see i had to cut through the body to fit those nifty "piggy back" caps :???:

I picked up some new axle shafts with locking nuts instead of those damn "C" clips. All around bearings, a home brew Carbon fiber chassis, "Piggy back" shocks (turns out those piggy back shocks are just oil shocks with fancy SOLID aluminum caps that look like they are piggy backs :o ) and i have an atomic bb motor and skid plate on the way in the mail.

It will be running 1:18 electronics with a 7.4 volt lipo

Enjoy,
STG
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

That's a killer paintjob! :eek:
And nice work on the chassis too.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Haven't seen you in a while, really nice work as always, you have made some of the coolest shit I have ever saw.
1000+ post of BS.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

man that's a slick lookin body.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I like the paint job on the body. :-o

The rest is looking good too. I'm not sure what I think of those piggy back shocks... but they're oil filled, huh? :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

ChemicalInDependency
bitHood

Post by ChemicalInDependency »

I have a set of those hot racing shocks and the piggy back is just for looks. There not oil filled there just friction dampeners, they give you some grease with them, however the're a very sloppy fit and there is no o-ring to keep the grease in so dirt gets stuck everywhere. I ditched those bad boys and went with the shocks atomic offers, way better quality and not so messy.

Great work on the truck by the way thats a killer paint job!

Does that copper color have a fade to it or is it just the lighting?
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

The copper color was sort of an accident. I first sprayed a shadow around where the stripe was going then i used a red pearl on the entire car and the backed that with orange and it gave me a nice copper color. Then i hit the back of the stripe (after removing the masking) with copper but it was just too late.

The plan was to have a charcoal stripe with an orangeish red hue but i ended up with a copper truck and a redish pearl stripe that sometimes turns charcoal in the right light and in some lights with the red pearl it almost looks pink :???: all well. Ill pick up another body and try it with less pearl, see how that turns out

Either way its a killer truck and the way ive been driving it ill need a new body soon :cool:

STG