Just picture it with a wing and a buggy body...

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Just picture it with a wing and a buggy body...

Post by Sporttracguy »

I couldn't resist, it just had to be done :cool: By reversing the rear end I was able to give the micro t better weight distribution and a longer wheel base while keeping the overall length of the car about the same (since the motor would have been sticking out in the back, adding to the length). I made a wider chassis to accomidate for the electronics servo and battery while still giving me a lower buggy profile ( so i could fit a custom buggy body and for better stabilaty)

Now only if i could figure out a four wheel drive system :???:

STG
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Good idea, I think the forward weight distribution would work really well with the Micro T. I just hope you don't get too much steering, that could be a twitchy little booger. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

Revolutonary idea! Swapping the rear will give more clearance to use the tamiya mini 4wd bodies. :-o
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

That looks great man! Is there room for a couple cheap AA size lithium ions on the sides?

-JNY
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Saweet! Thats a bad arse chassis.
1000+ post of BS.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Sort of bringing back an old post but I just had some time to sit down and work on this thing. So far I have upgraded to the losi brushless system, alloy arms, knuckles, dogbones, 2 500mah lipo cells...and several other pretty items,,,anyways, check out the progress...

STG
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

ok pimps, she just needs paint but this sucker runs like a champ. It has a losi brushless system with dual cell lipo and tons of extra goodies. The body is sort of a bitter sweet product. I designed the body mold in Rhino (a 3d rendering program) and had it printed into SLA.(stereolithography, look it up) from there i finished it with a heat resistant epoxy and polished it. Then using a vac-u-form machine i molded the body in lexan. thats the sweet part, the bitter part is the file for the mold was lost when I had a computer crash and the mold was broken,,,so until i make a new mold this is a one of a kind body. fortunately the home made spoiler and antenna take most of the abuse when she goes into a death roll.

STG
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

good news! I was doing some searching and i was able to find the computer file on an old thumb drive...if i ever get motivated to have it re printed we may have some duplicates...

stg :eek:
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

looks pretty cool, i need something like that for doing the bodies, lol.. sounds like the easier way than how i do them now, i start from a block and cut and sand to its shape, takes awhile.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That came out great! So, how does the mid motor effect handling?
crazydave's Gallery
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

handles great! Im not doing wheelies every 12 feet and it corners like its on rails rather than before where i was kicking the tail end out all the time. Some of these characteristics are probably from the longer wheel base and the tire choice as well :???:

STG
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Longer wheelbase definitely helps. I recently tried to run a stock wheel base Micro-T, and just couldn't do it, that's why I was forced to revive my Exo-T. :lol:

Still though, that mid motor is just cool. :-o
crazydave's Gallery