Epoch spec 2's

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Epoch spec 2's

Post by sidewinder »

Does anybody know anything about the Epoch spec 2 indoor races? I ran acrossed a guy at a flee market that has a few new ones and I the only thing I can find on them is one site that wants about $85 for a rtr kit with two cars. seems expensive. Anyway he said to make him an offer. are these cars ant good? I saw a couple epoch post on the epoch/mini t section but they weren't a lot of help so thought maybe some one here would know. Any Idea of what a fair price to offer for a kit with transmitter, 2 cars, and charger would be? Thanks Image
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
sidewinder
bitProphet

Oh yeah.

Post by sidewinder »

Oh by the way I borrowed the picture(in the above post) from the website that I mentioned above, but the set I was talking about looks like the same thing. so unless they made different sets this should be what I'm asking about.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i used to be cool
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Re: Epoch spec 2's

Post by LBRC »

sidewinder wrote:Does anybody know anything about the Epoch spec 2 indoor races?
Yes, I actually know quite a bit about them.
I ran acrossed a guy at a flee market that has a few new ones and I the only thing I can find on them is one site that wants about $85 for a rtr kit with two cars. seems expensive. Anyway he said to make him an offer. are these cars ant good? I saw a couple epoch post on the epoch/mini t section but they weren't a lot of help so thought maybe some one here would know. Any Idea of what a fair price to offer for a kit with transmitter, 2 cars, and charger would be? Thanks Image
A new Epoch Spec 2 Ready Set sells for $50 these days, what site did you see it on $85 is a pretty good deal or two, and if it’s $85 for the set with the case in the photo it’s a steal, because the old Xmas special with the case and power supply are no longer available. Again what site was that?

Epoch’s are fully proportional and compatible with most hobby grade 27MHz AM transmitters, the suspension is fully adjustable you can even adjust the ride height. What they are known and loved for is their control and handling. Stock an Epoch might seem a bit slow but to give you an idea of there speed and potential I can easily beat an Xmod EVO, or Gen 1 w/ the steering modified, on a 2 x wide-L RCP track with a stock Epoch. The Xmods are faster on the straight but can’t keep up in the turns.

Time trial fun, link:
http://www.epoch1-43.com/forums/showthr ... light=hfay

YouTube Search Results:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHvbqlMpK2s
Stock on track with narrow lanes.

Google Video Search:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2185546624
Ok the little blue dot keeping up with the Mini-Z’s in this video is a modified Super Epoch but the video does give you an idea of what they can do.

Most of the Epoch info you want is here but was posted before the Epoch/Micro-T section was put up so you’ll have to use the search engine to find it.
Last edited by LBRC on Sat May 12, 2007 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite quote; “dude. it's a peice of wire.....” by ph2t.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Re: Epoch spec 2's

Post by CaboWabo »

LBRC wrote:Most of the Epoch info you want is here but was posted before the Epoch/Micro-T section was put up so you’ll have to use the search engine to find it.
Unless you know where it's at and let us know we're slackin' and need to move it. We could use the help/reminders, if you're interested that is.

P.S.
Moved this to the Epoch forum.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Oh, ok. the site that had the set I nabbed the pix from has changed its prices and I assume its now offering a different set than the pictured one (although the picture is still up on the lead page) I think this is the same site that I saw them listed for $85 (I did a lot of surfing and didn't think to bookmark) but they now have RTRs at $49:

http://epoch1-43.com/[/url]