Shaun's Build Thread

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Shaun's Build Thread

Post by SHAUN »

Here is my build up thread.

I got my Micro-t on December 18th 2006, I ran the car for a while then broke a arm mount and shock. I let it sit for a couple months while I kind of drifted out of RC for a while. this past month I have gotten to parts to fix it, as well as slowly turning it into a full aluminum Micro-t.

14, May 2006.

I get home from work and see a padde envolope sitting on the counter, open it up and see that all my parts have arrived. The package consisted of.
1x GPM blue rear camber link set
1x GPM blue front camber link set
1x GPM silver skid plate
1x BRP Ball Bearing set

From the shop I work at I had brought home a screw set, shock set, and a suspension mount and bumper set.

I installed all the parts and charged it up, first run was a success, bearing made quite the difference, I don't know why I didn't fix it the minute it broke.

Here are a few pictures from the build

Picture of my gay self :( The island normally not that messy but I kinda threw the mail all over it, heh.

Done!

List of Items purchased
1x GPM silver skid plate
1x BRP Ball Bearing set
1x shock set
1x suspension mount and bumper set
1x screw set

List of mods
Zip tie spring spacers in rear
Cut out rear (allows for easy access to the batt. plug)
zip ties around body clips (easier to see)

Comments Welcome

Thank you,
Shaun
Last edited by SHAUN on Tue May 15, 2007 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
1000+ post of BS.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Looking good Shaun, the Micro T's are very fun little trucks and yours looks good to go! :-D

Just a word of wisdom, photoshop out your address on the paypal statement, thats not a good thing to put on the web!!! :-)
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

1x GPM blue rear camper link set
1x GPM blue front camper link set
Is that so you can take it camping?

I think you mean camber. :???:

There's no need to show your receipt, I'm gonna take that picture down for your own protection.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Thanks I didn't even notice that. And Yes I did mean camber.
1000+ post of BS.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Just ordered a BB motor, also I added xmod evo springs yellow rear red front. I lost the fucking screw from the rear camber link and the dog bone went MIA. Have to stop by Hobby town tommorow and get some new ones. I'm so happy since we moved the hobby shop is about 3 miles down the road and challenger N scale is about 2 miles the other way! Also only takes about 15 minutes to get to the slotcar track. I love Tulsa!

So far that makes

1x GPM silver skid plate
1x BRP Ball Bearing set
1x Xmod Truck Spring Set
1x Atomic BB motor

I also plan on ordereding the atomic AW wheel in black, and atomic groove tires
1000+ post of BS.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Just installed the biggest pinion it made it alot faster. I ordered a losi lipo and charger, atomic BB motor, and a integy aloy 49t spur gear. I hope it rips. Next is the real oil shocks and the 3racing chassis.
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

SHAUN wrote:Just installed the biggest pinion it made it alot faster. I ordered a losi lipo and charger, atomic BB motor, and a integy aloy 49t spur gear. I hope it rips. Next is the real oil shocks and the 3racing chassis.
Why did you choose the Alloy Spur Gear? Personally I choose the the Delrin from Integy.

Are you keeping any of the original parts.

From what I've been seeing on different forums all the aluminum/alloy parts are having problem (Haven't heard about Losi stuff yet) with bending.

Considering that most is made by two companies and distributed through others. I can't see how some people like one companies product over another. My sources state GPM makes stuff for Hot Racing. Integy/3Racing/Atomic appear to have the same supplier.

Except for the parts I already have coming in I think I'm staying with either stock plastic or parts I make myself.

When I get the Kydex bumper material I will be making one for the Micro T and one for the Mini T and the wife's Mini Quake and Vendetta.

Now if I only have a decent CNC machine to make metal/detailed plastic parts. :???: I don't think the wife would let me get one even if it was able to be squeezed into the budget.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

The GPM/HR thing makes sense to me. The 3Racing/Integy thing I had already deduced on my own, because their parts line is identical, but I don't believe Atomic are the same. They released different shocks for the Micro-T for one, and I only have a few parts, but Atomic's machineing just looks so much cleaner than everyone else's.
crazydave's Gallery
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

crazydave wrote:The GPM/HR thing makes sense to me. The 3Racing/Integy thing I had already deduced on my own, because their parts line is identical, but I don't believe Atomic are the same. They released different shocks for the Micro-T for one, and I only have a few parts, but Atomic's machineing just looks so much cleaner than everyone else's.
So are 3racings alloy/aluminum parts as soft as Integy's or do they have better quality control there.

I believe if you have the money you can buy GPM parts and repackage them with your own branding.

:???: Hobbit Racing Products :lol:

It'll never happen.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

They didn't have the delrin in stock or I would have gotten it. I'm keeping my stock parts, I plan on building another truck. Once we get home for the weeknd I'm gonna deposit some more money into my bank account. at one time I ad 2,300 in there :sad: Then I bought a blazer. I plan on ordering the atomic wheels. and aw groove tires. Then the rest of the truck is all 3 racing products. Can't wait to get my hands on that CF chassis. :cool: I don't think that GPM and hot racing are the same have you seen the GPM shocks, they look nothing like the HR shock.
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Just because the hot racing shocks don't look like GPM doesn't mean that GPM didn't manufacture them.

GPM will make parts for any company to put their name on. If you wanted to have parts under say Shaun's Hot Attitude Motors and Electronics (SHAME) you can contact GPM and they will sell you the parts and send them bulk so you can bag and tag them any way you like.
Palabras
bitThug

Post by Palabras »

BilboBaggins wrote:I believe if you have the money you can buy GPM parts and repackage them with your own branding.
:???: Hobbit Racing Products :lol:
ask gary gygax about how hard it is to use the word "hobbit" on anything. :lol:
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Palabras wrote:ask gary gygax about how hard it is to use the word "hobbit" on anything. :lol:
Like I would even try to get something like that past Tolkien's Estate.

I'd more likely use my old slot car team name of ZZzzz...

Yep, snooze racing. Sub-titled "No Frills parts borrowing racing."
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Broke the fucking rear knuckle, I didn't even crash very hard and the stupid thing broke. GPM alloy ones are now on their way. This is really a sickness and I need to stop. I'm draining my freaking bank account.

Heres a list of what else I ordered.

1x GPM alloy front blue shock tower
1x GPM alloy blue rear knuckles
1x Atomic alloy rear arm mount

So that makes a list of parts I'm waiting for in the mail

1x Atomic BB motor
1x GPM alloy rear knuckle set
1x Losi lipo battery and charger
1x integy alloy 49t spur gear
1x atomic alloy rear arm mount 1 deg
1x GPM alloy front shock tower

I didn't realise how much stuff I got :lol: Not sure if I should be laughing I'm going to be poor very soon.
1000+ post of BS.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Well damn, you're on a spending spree too. :lol:

I'm done for now, I'm saving my money to get a Micro-Baja when they hit the shelves.
crazydave's Gallery