so how fuckin awesome are these micro ts?

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

You ever take it off any sweet jumps?
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Bird wrote:You ever take it off any sweet jumps?
:lol: You got like three feet of air that time.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ok i ripped the whole rear end apart to see what makes her tick. the diff is pretty brilliant i must say. anyhow after i put it all together i think i deducted that the root of the problem was the angle the motor was mounted. i got it in right for now but i should probably wedge a shim in there to make it easier in the future.

my magic hands still work and this shit is smooth as butter. :-o
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

hogjowlz wrote:...but i should probably wedge a shim in there to make it easier in the future.
Sounds like a job for...

you know.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

a piece of cardboard?

an empty piece of jbweld tube?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Hmmm, I'm having trouble imagining how you would need a shim. :???:

I'm assuming you know you can adjust the gear mesh by loosening the motor screws and sliding the motor back and forth, and ya know if you slip a piece of paper between the gears when you tighten the motor screws that should get you nearly perfect gear mesh (you might have to fold the paper). My spurs are ever so slightly out of round, so I got to set the gear mesh kinda loose. If the motor was crooked along another axis I would have deduce the motor plate is bent, and that's flimsy enough I should be able to bend it back in shape.

So anyways, not sure if I'm clear on what you're saying, but I thought that might help.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Hey, anyone mind if we move this into the Micro-T forum? Seems like there's some good info in this that other peeps might want to see.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Go for it... :-o
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ya it was definatly the angle the motor was at. all i meant by a shim was a piece of paper :-)

ive driven it pretty hard a few times outside and its held up like a mutherfucking champ. on a slightly wet parking lot i was doing controlled drift turns. the biggest plus is how it just rolls right over cracks that would destroy an xmod.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I'm glad you got that all worked out. I was afraid you got a defect and it was gonna piss you off. I don't trust this MIC crap, but when you get a good one, it's good. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ok about 2 days after i bought the thing i realized that it came with two other pinion gears :?

i was running on gravel and spitting rocks alover the place. im also amazed by what this thing can roll over. will xmod springs fit these shocks? need something stiffer.

ive taken this thing out maybe a half a dozen times now and havnt really broken anything.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

hogjowlz wrote:ok about 2 days after i bought the thing i realized that it came with two other pinion gears :?
:shock:
hogjowlz wrote:i was running on gravel and spitting rocks alover the place. im also amazed by what this thing can roll over. will xmod springs fit these shocks? need something stiffer.
I believe the truck one fit, the car ones are too short.
hogjowlz wrote:ive taken this thing out maybe a half a dozen times now and havnt really broken anything.
Then you haven't run it hard enough. :eek:
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

The truck ones are the only ones. Anyone needs soem my RS has them for 3.00
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

SHAUN wrote:The truck ones are the only ones. Anyone needs soem my RS has them for 3.00
I'm going to check my local Rat Shack for them. I thought I had some around here but can't find them.

Unless you are going to send them in a package headed my way.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

SHAUN wrote:The truck ones are the only ones. Anyone needs soem my RS has them for 3.00
I'm suprised you haven't tried to make a buck off of them :???:

JK :lol: but seriously, it would be good of you to buy them, and resale them for what you pay for them + shipping for those in need of them.
Just saying that's the kind of stuff that goes on when you are in a hobby like this. You help out the fellow hobbyists, and create a trustworthy-ness of a true pimp. :-o :cool: [/moral lesson for the day] :lol: