Bilbo's Micro-T Antenna Tube Mod

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Bilbo's Micro-T Antenna Tube Mod

Post by BilboBaggins »

I finally took some pictures of the covers while doing the mod to the wife's Micro-T and I figured I'd post it up for everybody to critique and applaud.

First thing to do is remove the cover from the truck and find a drill bit the size of the antenna tube and drill about 3/4 way down where the antenna comes out.

Now the plastic will be very thin at the back of the ESC cover so you should reinforce it. Personally I choose to use what I have in my house from other hobbies that is plastic called styrene. I have sheets and rods of it.

In this case I took the bars (.100x.060) to build up around the antenna point. I used Games Workshop Plastic glue because it melts the plastic to form a stronger bond. The back piece I filed a groove into the last piece to make it sit flush with the previous layer.

I then filed the plastic smooth and installed it back on the truck.

Afterward you can paint it like I did on my Micro-T.

I'm waiting to see what color the wife wants her painted parts to be, I may make her paint it. :grin:
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

:search: great deal. You can't really tell after it's been painted :-o
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

ibjamn wrote::search: great deal. You can't really tell after it's been painted :-o
I just have to make a decal for the spot where the Losi decal was.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.