Picked up Losi's Lipo:Help me work through my paranoia

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thank you Superfly, that's exactly what I was hoping someone would say.

I figured Losi is just trying to cover their ass, but damn, they make it sound like its a bomb ready to go off. The other thing they said that concerned me was that I'd have to take it to a recycling center when I was done with it. I thought it was safe to throw them in the garbage after a dip in salt water, but then I've got a pile of NiMH batteries I need to recycle, so I gues that's not a big deal either. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Recycle? I just throw them on the bar-b and use them as turbo boost to get the steaks done extra fast. :lol:

Like Superfly said...

Lipos are a bit dangerous, but nothing like they tend to make them out to be.

You'll be fine, just be smart about it and keep an eye on the temp.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

frizzen wrote:2,000 degrees is hotter than you can get with much other than a Kiln, Welder, or Oxy-Acetylene torch..

Not sure what you're saying, but oxy/acetylene is hotter than fuck dude.
Oxy-acetylene welding is a very common welding process. The use of oxygen and acetylene as welding gases dates back to the 1890’s. The combination of oxygen and acetylene produces a flame temperature over 6000 degrees Fahrenheit making it ideal for welding and cutting.
I welded with it for years. Cabo has seen what it can do...lol

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Hey Dave I couldn't find Coolsville on Google Earth but if its not underwater why don't you just get an extesion cord and charge it outside until you're comfortable with it?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

sg219 wrote:Recycle? I just throw them on the bar-b and use them as turbo boost to get the steaks done extra fast. :lol:

Like Superfly said...

Lipos are a bit dangerous, but nothing like they tend to make them out to be.

You'll be fine, just be smart about it and keep an eye on the temp.
sounds like fun.

I think i'll do something similar.. torture test the hell out of lipos by doing a bunch of stupid user things.. like wrong cell count and wrong charge rate. then going out with a spectacular finish that involves heavy objects. :) and it'll all be on video!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I finally gave that battery a go the other day, and nothing blew up, but man, Superfly, you were right about the tight fit. I honestly didn't have the balls to smash the pack between the screw mounts. I could feel the pack squishing, and I wasn't comfortable with that. So since I was installing it in my Micro-Desert, I just smashed it back against the foam pad, problem solved.

Otherwise it worked pretty good. Damn, it's fast, but damn, the runtime sucks. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"