My turn to bitch about Team Losi support

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

My turn to bitch about Team Losi support

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

Well I have a Micro Desert Truck and just recently decided I would go ahead and buy Team Losi's LiPo so if anything went wrong, it would be on them. After running it once near the end of the battery's life, the car stopped running . It was from the gears in the transmission being worn bald. So I installed one of the spare ones that came with the truck and re-adjusted my slipper just as the manual specifies. I charged up the battery and was out again. Same thing happened and now I only have one gear left.

I called Losi today to complain and request that they replace the gears or tranny and I got the most arrogant son of a b***h on the phone. He told me that even though this problem only started happening after I got the Lipo, the battery couldn't do that. "It would cause no more wear than the NiMh." Finally and reluctantly he told me that I can ship in the tranny to them and they should replace it. I asked him how I would go about that and he says "it's all in the manual..." so after a long, silent pause I said well I'll be doing that and expecting a new one. Click. Frickin' a-hole. I don't normally curse but this thing really grinded my gears, yes, pun intended.
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Sounds like you got an American rep...too bad those India based people are soooo polite. :) Yeah their service can suck but at least it sounds like they will proabaly replac it.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Is it the gears in the trans or the pinion? I haven't had any problems at all, I've been running the lipo and the BB motor for about 7 months.
1000+ post of BS.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I'm running the lipo in a Micro-Desert with no problems either.

You mention you used the spare gear that came with the car, so I assume you are talking about the pinion/spur. You didn't mention gear mesh. Did you make sure to leave some play between the gears? Sometimes when you tighten the screw it throws the mesh off too, a folded piece of paper between the gears will help your set gear mesh.

This is not to excuse the Losi rep. These are questions he should have asked you. This ain't my job, I think Losi owes me something for trying to help when they failed. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

Yeah, thanks CrazyDave. :-o I pulled out my manual to check on everything and re-adjusted my gear mesh. I think that the pinions were never properly meshed so the lipo accelerated the grinding of the gears. I just went to my hobby shop and for about $7 bucks I got a new slipper gear and pinion set. I'm going to install the new one and readjust the gears the right way...no thanks from team losi support. :o
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body