im about to buy one of these

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Epoch & Micro T line of RCs goes here.
zipperzack
bitThug

im about to buy one of these

Post by zipperzack »

what would you guys recomend out of the losi micros the micro t, DT, or Baja. i just want to now what you pimps think so i have an idea of what to get.

stretch crawler specs:
articulation mod
LiPo battery
zzse crawler box
extended wheelbase
hydro style steering
suspension
beadlock wheels
cb whip antena
lego tires
rt450

Post by rt450 »

I have them all, and the DT handles the best and is the easest to mod the battery. The best idea is the DT and some raminator wheels with threaded axles. That way you can drive any way you want. :-o
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

I have the DT and would recommend it as well over the other ones. I've heard that with the longer chassis and wheelbase that it is less squirley than the other models. Also like rt450 said, the battery compartment is almost twice the size. I was in my local hobby shop and they had a normal Micro-T and I had my DT and wanted to try out the Micro-T with my Losi Lipo and couldn't get it to fit in the micro-T without having to smash the edges of the battery, which is a huge no-no for Lipos. :-x
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

As for stability I'd agree with you guys but I find myself using my Baja more...I do't know why but it just feels better for some reason. Of course I'm running it in a giant sand box in a park by my house...if your running on pavement or hard dirt I'd go for the DT but for sand or loose dirt I'd go for the Baja.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

I'm running a micro-T with lipo and some other mods. It can get pretty scary on the street, I'm planning on swapping to the DT chassis soon.
1000+ post of BS.
zipperzack
bitThug

Post by zipperzack »

im going for the DT it sounds like the best one to me from what iv heard. Thanks for your guy's suggestions. :-o

stretch crawler specs:
articulation mod
LiPo battery
zzse crawler box
extended wheelbase
hydro style steering
suspension
beadlock wheels
cb whip antena
lego tires