Pimpsacola Track Plans

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
Buks

more addictive than crack

Post by Buks »

Feelin like a crack ho. Its been 6 days (SIX DAYS MAN !!!!) since SilentWolv last posted some info. Now I aint complainin' but I've started to twitch like a homeboy on angeldust.

Maybe hes been picked up by the cops for "questioning".

Maybe hes been in a driveby and hes hurt or something (anyone been checkin the local hospitals ?).

Maybe hes been working his ass off doin all the waterfalls, ponds, mountains, trains n stuff n chit - he he he lets hope so.

Maybe hes decided to jack it all in - nah thats just the crack talkin.

Gimme one more hit. And one for my old lady.

You da man SW - keep it REAL (but on a bit scale).

(nods like some kinda gangsta).

Buks
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

LOL, naw, maybe he just has to work weekdays for a living. I am looking forward to layin some plaster cloth this weekend. :-) Your fix is comin homes.
The secret to life is Raku
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

UPDATE: Plaster Cloth :UPDATE :-)

This plaster cloth stuff is pretty easy to use, just cut it into strips, dip in water, slap it on, and smooth it out. It seems like nothing more than store-bought flour+water on a reinf towel or gauze. Barto_85, it sounds like you have some experience with this stuff. Looking aight so far?

I've already put 2, mostly 3 layers of the cloth on. I'll prob test it when its dry to see how stong/rigid it is. Its leaving a gauze-texture, that I imagine a thick cover of paint-colored earth and "grass" will cover ok. I'm thinking I'll prob put another couple of layers on, and stick some "rock" plaster castings on in a few places.

ah, can't you just see a gurgling brook and pond here? I've never used any of these model-railroading scenery stuff before, so I'm pretty much learning as I go.

Thanks for the links of some textures to Buks and Ragbols, those worn-buildings and railings look pretty good. I travel alot, so I've been snapping pics whenever I come across something good too. Trouble is, with photo-realism, the perspective is a little off (for decals), where the 2D art may look better. I picked up white decal printer paper today at Target for 'em.
MaxximumRC
bitGangsta'

Post by MaxximumRC »

That looks awsome.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

lookin great so far man...
in my opinion, you're doing one of the most fun parts, plaster landscaping
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

God damn it I gotta get to work on my friggen track. :D
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
MaxximumRC
bitGangsta'

Post by MaxximumRC »

THis si amking me want to build a track.
barto_85
bitGangsta'

Post by barto_85 »

looks great, what are you going to use to make the water looks realistic? or are you not really worrying about too much detail?
MaxximumRC
bitGangsta'

Post by MaxximumRC »

They make fake water I think.
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

barto_85 wrote:looks great, what are you going to use to make the water looks realistic? or are you not really worrying about too much detail?
I bought a jar of stuff from the hobby shop. Had to read the label. Doesn't really say what it is, but it's water soluable and non-toxic and clear. You're supposted to paint the bottom of the cavity dark blue, getting lighter as you get closer to shore to simulate depth. Pour in 1/8" layer. And some other stuff for waterfalls and rapids thats more milky. As a matter of fact, ALL this stuff in water base. (Latex paints and glues).

The idea of the scenery was to create a believable race track environment, so yeah, I'll be trying to add as much detail as I can. But the believability part ... depends if I'm any good at the scenery. :grin:
barto_85
bitGangsta'

Post by barto_85 »

yeah thats good, I'm making a model train set at the moment, I got some rock moulds, but painting it to look real will be very hard.
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

Sounds like you're right about where I am. Love to see some pics of what you're doing.
barto_85
bitGangsta'

Post by barto_85 »

i'll see what i can arrange.
Buks

Post by Buks »

SW - many thanx for the mention in your post. Your track is looking as sweet as ever.

I remember back in the old days when I used to paint (very badly mind you) metal figure for some warhammer wargame. There was a technique we used that made painting really easy with good results. You'd paint your figure as normal then use a method called drybrushing to add details then finally run black ink into all the cracks and details - the results were pretty amazing. Made it look like you has a single hair brush and a steady hand. Reckons this might be a useful method for paiting the rocks. I suppose it depends on what they are made of of course.

On the other hand - you could use REAL rocks. Just cement/glue them in place.

I'll keep me eyes peeled for more updates.

s'whatitismamma.

Buks
ezenterprises
bitGangsta'

Post by ezenterprises »

Been almost a month wonderin when we gonna get some more updates??
Videos for your PSP at www.geocities.com/ebaypsp