My Indoor Carpet Track...

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

My Indoor Carpet Track...

Post by PimpFloyd »

In order to beat the winter time blues, I constructed a small carpet track in my basement for running 1/28th scale and below vehicles.

It's made from 6' X 8' indoor/outdoor carpet pieces from Homo Depot and utilizes foam pipe insulation as barriers. The pipe barriers are held in place with velcro "extension cord organizers" - they work great!

The carpet is very low pile and provides good all around traction and I like the fact that I can create any radius curve. The only down-side is sooner or later you will have to clean carpet fiber from your drivelines no matter how much you vacuum but it hasn't been a deal breaker for me so far. I also occasionly have to vacuum dog biscuit chunks too :?

Lately I've been having great fun turning laps on the track with XMods and IMods. Epochs and Micro-T's are at home on this track too and it's easy to shove extra pipe insulation under the carpet to create whoops.

PF (heatin up AAA's) :)
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: My Indoor Carpet Track...

Post by sidewinder »

Pipe insulation :???: Great idea, and a lot softer than 2x4's great looking track. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand