bootleg track

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
hoboman
bitHood

bootleg track

Post by hoboman »

here's my incomplete bootleg bitpimp track, the design was perfect to fit into a small place so i adopted it. it was made of a a piece of 4x4 plywood, and a little less than 50 feet of 1/4 in thick clear plastic tubing. cost me about $30 w/o the cost of nails and a hammer.
http://hometown.aol.com/elloo7/myhomepage/acdc.html
as you can see, the bridge is whats giving me a hard time, because i cant figure out how to support cardboard underneath the tubing without sacrificing a nice curve that my cars can get up on. if anybody has any ideas, they would be a big help. :)

oh yeah, sorry for the crappy pics, im only 13, and im not a proffesional photographer. :(
I'm not your average homeless person.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

lookin good hoboman!

that's gonna be a steep climb to that bridge :wink:
looks good man.
I've seen much worse pics as well so don't sweat that shtuff.

at least you got a track to have some fun on!
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hoboman
bitHood

Post by hoboman »

the bidge is only about 2in high, and thanks for not getting pissed that i copied your track
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

no kidding? it looks bigger in the pic...

no problem man - I don't usually mind, all that stuff will be slightly different as each person puts their own little twists on it.

I take it as a compliment, I get inspiration from you pimps and some pimps might get some inspiration from me - s'all good.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That track is looking pretty good.

Maybe to support the ramps to the bridge you could cut some carboard at the same angle to go underneath it.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hoboman
bitHood

Post by hoboman »

already did that, i couldnt wait. pics tommorow of the finished track
hoboman
bitHood

Post by hoboman »