Detailing the track...

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
crazydave
bitPimp

Detailing the track...

Post by crazydave »

I spent every free hour after work, and stayed up late painting this thing all this past week. I also made little "cement" corner pieces out of Fimo. I used my wife's craft paints for the yellow. Mixed Dijon Gold, with a tad of Mellow Yellow to get the color.

My favorite part, I made bleachers for the Homies out of posterboard and Scotch tape, then spray painted it silver. Makes a cool display, on or off the track, and I can flip up the top the throw the Homies in it for storage.

I have more plans, but I'm at a stopping point right now, and I'm very happy with the way it came out.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
barto_85
bitGangsta'

Post by barto_85 »

looks cool man, the grandstand is good too. looks like a good smooth surface, graet job.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

dude :eek: that rocks!
now tell me that doesn't enhance the driving experience that much more!
good going crazydave
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:now tell me that doesn't enhance the driving experience that much more!
Oh hell yeah. Like 110%

Just bought a new ZZ. I always test my cars stock first. Normally I wouldn't even make it through a whole run before replacing the stock motor, but straight out of the box the ZZ was 100% fun, when I had a track to run on.
crazydave's Gallery
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

Its looking great. A world of difference some detailing makes. I stared at it a while and I can count 3 different track configurations (6 if you count running backwards). Was the start/finish line masked off and painted? Great job.

I worked on mine too all last week, evenings, and got the railing finished. No pics yet, but yeah, when I finished the railing, I run on it for about 2 hours (until the steering went out on my car). Cooler to run 'em on a track.

What are the "more plans" you are thinking about for it?

-Silent
The secret to life is Raku
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SilentWolv wrote:Its looking great. A world of difference some detailing makes. I stared at it a while and I can count 3 different track configurations (6 if you count running backwards).
Cool thing about that, is I'm figuring for a drunk game you could do like technical lap, then 2 oval laps, then another technical, the come out backwards do 2 ovals backwards, then start over. Possibilities are endless.
Was the start/finish line masked off and painted?
The start/finish line was originally masked and painted, but I didn't like the couple bleeds, so I made it a solid stripe and drew the checkers and stuff with a Permanent marker.
What are the "more plans" you are thinking about for it?
Well first I'm going to make little ramps out of poster board, and paint them silver, so it looks like one of them Micky Thompson series stadium offroad tracks. Some kind of sign to go over the start line. Possibly some sponser decals. maybe put some garage door on the back of teh bleacher, that the cars can drive into for pit stops. Who knows what else, my plans always change rapidly.
crazydave's Gallery
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Excellent track crasydave. I love the homie bleechers. :-)
I've been one procrastinatin mutha lately, gotta get up and work on my track.
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

Nice Job.

what is it's name? The Arazona 300?

-nox
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

noxorc wrote:Nice Job.

what is it's name? The Arazona 300?

-nox
You know, I'm having a problem with the name thing. My wife is into scrapbooking, and has a website called Scraptown. When I took over her scrapbooking area to make track I called that one Scraptown. I'm thinking that would be a good name for this one, because this is the kind of track you could scrap on. You know scrap like tag on each other, not scrapbooking, but Scraptown is a now defunct track, and this one needs its own name.

Open to suggestions...
crazydave's Gallery
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

The Arazona 300 Track.

and I see someone else posted with that name.
that's 2 votes..

-nox
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

lol@nox
shipping and voting works out well for you :wink:

"sweaty pits" for the feverish work in the pit areas and the stains under the arms due to the arizona heat lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Nox is funny with his system of democracy. :lol:

It got infested with ants after I built it. Don't know why. Thinking of calling it something with ants, like "Antbite" ...or maybe "Crazytown"?
crazydave's Gallery
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

We used to spray the R/C track with soda or sugar-water for a nice sticky traction. Attracted ants like crazy though.
The secret to life is Raku