Off Tha Hook Speedway, open for biz, any takers????

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
extrememicros
bitHood

Off Tha Hook Speedway, open for biz, any takers????

Post by extrememicros »

http://www.microrccenter.com/forum/inde ... ntry116763

see above for full details. This is the track at our shop that we will hold races at for all those interested and near. Havok and Cabo, you guys are close so bring it ya heard!!!!!!
...when life gets you down, and you need to get away, come visit Phucket Island; paradise for those who just don't give a rats ass!!!!!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

looks cool man, what's that surface?
so I know what tires to use to stomp asses :lol:
(let the trash talkin begin)
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
extrememicros
bitHood

Post by extrememicros »

trash talking....??? Dont let your mouth write a check that ass can't cash.... :o

No, for real, it is flat latex ineterior paint on top of luan.

I run meds and softs, which helps get more bite to turn a bit sharper...

I put soft suspension bars in, but they turn wider than hards....thought it was the opposite... :???:
...when life gets you down, and you need to get away, come visit Phucket Island; paradise for those who just don't give a rats ass!!!!!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

cool deal!

this is my theory on the suspension bars...
stiff suspension helps a stiff tire bite
soft suspension helps a soft tire bite

it makes sense.
harder, slicker tires are less forgiving, and therefore need a less forgiving suspension to force them in place and to track right. the tires have less give and are able to use the force to help stick to the surface.
now if you had that same less forgiving suspension bar, and this time the softer, grippier tires that are more forgiving, the suspension bar would put too much force on the tire, encouraging the tire to slip and lose its bite and track.
now that's figuring you're doing hard corning on a smooth surface.
but then again not too many peeps are racing bits off road so the theory seems to hold true for most bit driving conditions. or at least it does in my eyes. lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
barto_85
bitGangsta'

Post by barto_85 »

very nice track, very technical, lots of turning.