What did u guys use?

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
LiL_Mike
bitHood

What did u guys use?

Post by LiL_Mike »

I was wondrin' what you guys used fo' barriars on ya track?
Those shitty plastic barriers most manufactutres sell are way to weak.
:suspect: ???????????????????????
Mike's Bit o' Philosophy:
nice.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

plastic tubing from Lowes is what I have on my track
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:plastic tubing from Lowes is what I have on my track
I have to say, I went in Lowes looking for plastic tubing that would flex around the corners, and they had no idea what I was talking about. I ended with some weather stripping that didn't work so hot.

It helps if you can tell them what it's intended for.

Didn't you say it's the tubing for sprinkler systems, Cabo?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

to be honest, I forget what they said, but yes - I believe that is what it's intended purpose was.

you'll find it in the section where they have rope, chain, tubing, etc. all on big rolls.
you can purchase rolls or have them cut off lengths of it for you (that's what we did)

the tubing we got is very flexible, yet has a smooth plastic skin feel to it.

you should be able to find something similar at any major hardware store
Last edited by CaboWabo on Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

The ZipZap barriers are great. They lock together pretty well, but the best thing is the height. I've seen others that are too low and easy to drive over, but the ZZ barriers work well for me.
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

hue35 wrote:The ZipZap barriers are great. They lock together pretty well, but the best thing is the height. I've seen others that are too low and easy to drive over, but the ZZ barriers work well for me.
Yes seeing the ZZ walls they look good and prolly the best choise if youhave to take the track apart everytime you are done.

I have seen the tubing that CW is talking about and it is very cheap.

I have seen this aluminum stuff that was in the ducking section that looks like it would work nice but the wife had the Aztek so it wouldn't have fit in the car :???: I should realy go back and get some as it was like 13 cents for a 6 foot piece.
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
LiL_Mike
bitHood

Tnx

Post by LiL_Mike »

Well thanks for all the help. Muchos Gracias Amigos!

btw, i went with the Phast motor :mrgreen:
Mike's Bit o' Philosophy:
nice.
Comrade_Boris
bitHood

Post by Comrade_Boris »

i used foam board to carve my tracks inner and outer walls....its like a trench.........but the track is tooo small, its on a 3x4' peice of plexiglass......i need a new track....
-Boris

the Russian pimp................
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I hear ya, Comrade B. I've been playing on a 4'x4' track, and while it was cool at first, I was busy FET modding all my cars, and making them all too fast for it. Now I gots me a 8'x4' track, and it's so nice being able to hold that button down for more than a sec, and hear my cars wind all the way up on that 8ft. straight.

You gots to build another track. ;)

Oh and relevant to the original topic, I found 1/2" vinyl tubing at my Lowes in the 'Plumping' aisle with all the other pipes, and stuff like that. Not sure what it's intended for, but it's 'Not for icemakes'. It was only 18 cents a foot. I spent about 9 bucks for 50'.

It may not be the most true to scale way to make barriers, but it's very functional. Flexes easy for curves. It just the right height and shape to hold the cars in. The cars slide on it good, and it's soft enough they just bounce right off without damage.

Vinyl tubing gets 2 thumbs up from me.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"