Building myself a track Chapter II

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

crazydave wrote:Image

Damn kid, already all up in my Kool Aid.
that's freaking hilarious! lol
payback... we know what crazydave was like as a kid
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:that's freaking hilarious! lol
payback... we know what crazydave was like as a kid
:lol:
I'd find that funnier except I hear that from my wife and mother all the time...I swear I wasn't that bad though. ;)

@Ahh5hit, the boy don't listen, he has to learn the hard way, hey wait that sounds familiar... :???: :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

Hi Dave, I would go ahead and hinge the board to the wall if you're going to be there another year or so at least. With the collapsable legs and all. Sounds like a great idea. It'd be easy enough to fill hte holes with spackle, and looks like a relatively small wall nook to paint.

I sanded my track and put some primer on it to fill some imperfections. The primer lifted, but when dry, I took some laps on it anyway. Now, the car really PUSHES going around the sweeper, very unlike the traction I had with the chalkboard paint. (I liked that the car was alot less "twichy") I'm going to end up using a flat acrylic enamel, which I hope is a happy median between the two. Thought I'd let you know since you were having some traction problems.
The secret to life is Raku
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SilentWolv wrote:Hi Dave, I would go ahead and hinge the board to the wall if you're going to be there another year or so at least. With the collapsable legs and all. Sounds like a great idea. It'd be easy enough to fill hte holes with spackle, and looks like a relatively small wall nook to paint.

I sanded my track and put some primer on it to fill some imperfections. The primer lifted, but when dry, I took some laps on it anyway. Now, the car really PUSHES going around the sweeper, very unlike the traction I had with the chalkboard paint. (I liked that the car was alot less "twichy") I'm going to end up using a flat acrylic enamel, which I hope is a happy median between the two. Thought I'd let you know since you were having some traction problems.
Yeah, you know it would be easy to fill the holes, only prob, we're not even allowed to use nails to hang pictures. We have to double stick tape everything. If they came in to do their yearly fire alarm inspection, and saw my track bolted to the wall, I'd be getting a fine, fer sure, they're fine happy here.

Before you try the flat acrylic, try sanding the primer with something like a 800 grit sandpaper, to see what a smoother surface will do for you. That'll also give you a smoother base surface if you do go with the enamel. Let us know how that works, 'cause I'm still debating how to get the traction dialed on my track.

I've always got my best balance of traction and slip on smooth shiny surfaces. From what you're saying about the primer, I'm thinking my best bet would be to get my track surface smoother, and then go over it with a couple more coats of the gloss enamel.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"