Redid the big track for high speed

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
crazydave
bitPimp

Redid the big track for high speed

Post by crazydave »

The whole idea of getting a bigger track was to give my cars room to wind up. I made the mistake of thinking that since I had I larger track I could do all this cool stuff, but that defeated my purpose, because I think it was harder to get around than my little track.

So I decided it was about time to redo it. I wanted a wide open easy coarse, and nice wide lanes. So I went 11" lanes, and this the layout:

While I was at it I wanted to improve my traction. So I level sanded with a sanding block, then went over it with black primer. It's pretty close to the way I wanted it. I think if I level sand again and empty one more can of primer it'll be good. I've got to fill my old nail holes with wood filler anyways.

I've got to go test it now to see how it is. :-D
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
crusty
bitPlaya'

Post by crusty »

yea ur right
i really dont like the tracks with truns and crap.The most fun is still the ol' ovale track
ImageImageImage
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Looks good man. 11" wide lanes sounds about right to me....unlike someone else who advertised their track on here a little while ago that looked almost undriveable.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I love this track.

It was perfect for a FET modded car with a 3.8. It had plenty of room to scream along the track, and the back stretch s-turn gave just enough challenge to make it interesting. A FET modded car running a 3.0 and teal gears was ideally suited to get around the track effortlessly. I tried a Perfection car with no FETs, and a 4.2, and it seemed like the track swallowed it. This is definately a track for opening up the fast cars.

I really like the traction from the primer. Lots of stick, with just enough slip.
crazydave's Gallery
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

wow dave you should sell it for 400bucks and spam all the boards with it!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

hogjowlz wrote:wow dave you should sell it for 400bucks and spam all the boards with it!
Hmmm, alrighty then, I'll do it, and since you gave me the idea I'll let you have one for half price, $200. :lol:

Less than $30 invested BTW, keep that in mind before you drop big dough a on a prefab track.
crazydave's Gallery
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

You gonna make it all purdy now....with bushes and trees and homies and stuff?
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

crazydave wrote:Hmmm, alrighty then, I'll do it, and since you gave me the idea I'll let you have one for half price, $200.
if you do it for 150 ill email you a picture of the instructions for shoving a match stick up inside your cars!!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Sdog wrote:You gonna make it all purdy now....with bushes and trees and homies and stuff?
That's the long term plan. Pits, bleachers, grass and trees and stuff, but for now I just want fill my old nail holes, and get another coat of primer on it

...and hog, that matchstick mod will slow you down, you gotta use folded up sticker backing paper, it's slippier.
That advice just cost you 50 cent
crazydave's Gallery