Dream Track.. Nightmare Prices...

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
payaso
bitPimp

Dream Track.. Nightmare Prices...

Post by payaso »

This guys tracks are crazy insane and his prices are too.. Anybody got a line on anything close to this without the $$ tag. If I can get some sponsors for a race club, then I'll invest in somethin like that. What do you guys think??

http://www.couchracing.com/

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I've got all kinds of concerns with that track.
first off, inclines can't be too steep or you knock out a lot of racers right there. their bits front-end would hit the incline before the tires even got to it, thus stopping it, or at the least, slowing it down considerably (advantage for faster cars just plowing into the incline). Now i know what you're going to say, "the track is configurable, don't an incline". Well whats the point of the track then? i can race on flat surfaces just about anywhere. You might argue, "fine, add an incline, but just not so steep." In my experiences, things that are re-configurable are made with "widgets and/or components" that make-up the whole. So all parts are usually interchangable, but also standardized and strictly adhear to certain properties, otherwise there's too many options, things would not start fitting together properly, etc. The point is, there's probably only 1 type of incline, it probably works as an incline, or steep grade, eitherway. So really, its probably still useless for racing with bits, and at that point, i don't consider that track "interchangeable / customizable", in reality, you are limited to a certain number of setups. Personally I'd rather build my own tracks that are easily taken apart, stored, and put back together.

just my 2 pennies

Whew, I did all that 1 breath! :)
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Like most great minds do often, I disagree. I will straight up dominate people on this mother of a track. My 1.6 has so much torque that it's sick. It eats inclines like that for brunch...lol

I'd be all over that like white on milk on a paper plate in a snow storm....lol

silla

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I know, but that's my point.
Only 1.6's on your track then?
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I think that a 2.2 might even be too fast for it. My 1.6 is just sizzlin like bacon sucka...

silla

CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I'm just guessing, but I'd think that 2.2's wouldn't be too fast - I just say that because on our track 3.0's aren't too fast and our track isn't as big as the couch racing track in their main image.
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

payaso wrote:I think that a 2.2 might even be too fast for it. My 1.6 is just sizzlin like bacon sucka...

silla
Damn... thems fight'n words. lol
Man I think those track are off da hizzle, whats cool is I could run my Epoch on that thing no problem too! And to answer your Q- no, don't know of anyone else that's got anything as pimp'n as that, but someones bound to run across sumthin sometime.
:rockon:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

kwikbb wrote: Damn... thems fight'n words. lol
:lol:
bacon huh?
oink, oink, i smell pork...
i'll eat that shit up wit a knife and a fork... :twisted:
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

payaso wrote:My 1.6 has so much torque that it's sick. It eats inclines like that for brunch...lol

silla
Yo you keep wettin' my palette every time you pump'n dat 'Dragon Rotor'... yo i can't stands no more. I gots ta have it!
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

kwikbb wrote: Yo you keep wettin' my palette every time you pump'n dat 'Dragon Rotor'... yo i can't stands no more. I gots ta have it!
I can drop you a email of this sum bitch in action if you care to see one in a 15sec clip...

silla

kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

payaso wrote:
kwikbb wrote: Yo you keep wettin' my palette every time you pump'n dat 'Dragon Rotor'... yo i can't stands no more. I gots ta have it!
I can drop you a email of this sum bitch in action if you care to see one in a 15sec clip...

silla
Hell yes... that'd be dope.

Thanks dawg 8)
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

payaso wrote: I can drop you a email of this sum bitch in action if you care to see one in a 15sec clip...
yo, maybe you should put that up in da gallery?
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I'm gonna make a quick run to walmart to see what's new.. PM me, and when I get back I'll send you that clip...

silla

Shypo
bitPlaya'

Post by Shypo »

man that is one off da hook track, it looks sooo awesome to race one, i think the main problem would be your car running out of range considering how big it is
Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

kwikbb wrote:[whats cool is I could run my Epoch on that thing no problem too! .
That's what he designed the track for was mini-Zs and Epoch racers... Racing bits on it is just a bonus...

silla