Race of Champions Track

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
yakboy
bitPlaya'

Race of Champions Track

Post by yakboy »

Having hopefully wetted your appetite with my circuit I thought I'd show you the next track I'm going to build. I know the first one isn't finished yet but I'm the kind of guy who always is thinking about the next project whilst doing the current one.

This is the artist's impression of it. The race of champions was run at the stade de france (Paris) in December & Schumacher took on Sebastian Loeb( Rally world champ), the current Champ car & Nascar champions. They all raced in 360 Modena's. I think this could be a great circuit. :-D

Give me your feedback. Again the track will be fully transportable but I think I'll do it in 3 pieces so I can have a longer track.

Yakboy
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

might be kinda hard, but if it wasnt hard everyone would do it right?

I think you'd be better off making your own design. I mean the bits might get 1-2 laps on that before a charge is done. I personally think you could make a better track, maybe a little smaller. but stil include a bridge if you do, haha
yakboy
bitPlaya'

Post by yakboy »

stagg wrote:might be kinda hard, but if it wasnt hard everyone would do it right?

I think you'd be better off making your own design. I mean the bits might get 1-2 laps on that before a charge is done. I personally think you could make a better track, maybe a little smaller. but stil include a bridge if you do, haha
I'm afraid I don't agree with Homer Simpson " If something's too hard it's not worth doing"

I can't see what would be so hard about it. The track would only be about 50-75 cm longer than my previous one & putting larger capacity cell in the bits would mean a good few laps. I just think that as this track has been designed to test the metl of the worlds greatest drivers why not the worlds greatest bit drivers ( I don't mean to include myself in that catagory).

I'll chew it over for a while but the more opinions the better.
Crazydoc

Post by Crazydoc »

Hi yakboy,

I had nearly the same idea some time ago.
I couldn't realize the track that I wanted because of the limited size in my room.

So I decided to build my own "Race Of The Bit-Champions Track".

Take a look here if you like:

http://549.rapidforum.com/topic=100682493922

Maybe this helps you with your project.

There are many pics (some down the thread as links) but the explanations are all in german. Sorry.
Maybe use translator for that. :grin:

Bye,

Jens
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

nice track Crazydoc, I like the details.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Crazydoc

Post by Crazydoc »

Thanks CaboWabo ! :-)

It was a lot of work but it was worth it. :lol:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Wow! :shock: Those details really bring that track to life.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

nice pics of a very cool track. I'd love to race on that. Good work doc :-)