Track buildin

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
MaxximumRC
bitGangsta'

Track buildin

Post by MaxximumRC »

what is the quickest way to build a decent track
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

beer and 2 pals lol

no - go ghetto like my track - cheap, easy, and quick - just like mom in vegas on a bad night. :cool:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
MaxximumRC
bitGangsta'

Post by MaxximumRC »

yes like yours

BTW how do you get those little title things above your picture
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

those are "ranks", those will come with the # of posts.

here's a few basic steps I'd take towards building your track:
- draw it out first on paper, get all your ideas worked out on paper first.
- get your materials. There's lots to choose from, you can use just about anything.
- draw out the shape of the track on the board.
- put up your railing.
- decorate if you want.
- go race.

Here's what was used on my track:
- fine wood dust particle board made with lots of glue. Not wood chips and glue. Just got it at my local hardware store.
- rubber/plastic tubing. It's plyable, it bends easy and conforms pretty well, but it's not as sticky as you'd expect rubbery things to be, it's smooth. That's what you want, smooth so your cars glide off instead of bearing in to the wall. Just got it at the same hardware store
- finishing nails. Used to secure the tubing to the track as well as the little bit of wood used for the bridges base.

Here's how it was done (CaboWabo, Shredder, DaGeneral):
- beer & smoke break.
- drew out the track on paper, actually did it in Visio and printed, but whatever - same idea.
- beer & smoke break.
- drew that same layout right on to the particle board with black magic marker.
- beer & smoke break.
- cut out the wood for our bridge and secured it to the track with the finishing nails.
- beer & smoke break.
- cut out cardboard (for the road) following the layout for the bridge and stapled it to the wood used for the bridge.
- beer & smoke break.
- nailed down the tubing following the edges of the track.
- beer & smoke break.
- ghetto decorated with magic markers for things like grass, starting grid, finish line, street names, etc.
- beer & smoke break.
- race.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.