New ZZMT track in the making.

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
stagg
bitGangsta'

New ZZMT track in the making.

Post by stagg »

Hey, heres a track me and my friend are making, I belive he just signed up on the forums too.

Ill be posting WIP pic's so Youll see how its done.
This is one of three Paper Mache'd parts to the track. The Track is a little bigger then what it may seem. :? I know, i know, heres the pic.

CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

1.) Wish you all the luck, hope it gets completed and you like it.
2.) Why waste your time on paper mache - use cardboard from cereal boxes or something.
3.) Tracks are the shit if you got someone to race with - so force the issue - get someone to race with.
4.) Shredder straight up colored our track with a fuckin' sharpe marker - go cheap - you'll be just as happy because it's more about the racing on a cool track - as opposed to having a more realistic tree on your shit.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

CaboWabo wrote:1.) Wish you all the luck, hope it gets completed and you like it.
2.) Why waste your time on paper mache - use cardboard from cereal boxes or something.
3.) Tracks are the shit if you got someone to race with - so force the issue - get someone to race with.
4.) Shredder straight up colored our track with a fuckin' sharpe marker - go cheap - you'll be just as happy because it's more about the racing on a cool track - as opposed to having a more realistic tree on your shit.

Yea dude, but we got time for this track, I'm probaly just gunna paint it Brown wit spray paint. This thing will hopfully be the shit. We paper mached it because it'll hold down the shit better, and make it more offroad feel, like bumps and shit.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

You'll have more control over surface for sure - but at that point, I'd opt for paper and plaster materials - like all the detailed train sets, but built for a road instead of train tracks.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Sweet, it's cool to get some activity in this section.
I blame myself somewhat, having tracks myself but still havn't posted them.

Hey Stagg, I don't get it. I mean I can't envision what the track will eventually look like.
How big? Is it 'on' something?

EDIT: Alright, TOMORROW I'm posting at least one pic of my outdoor ZZMT track.....
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

Lol, my bad, I forgot to add, that were adding Bridges so you start top left of the pic, go right then turn then go down again, kinda like a U.

Like this. may be hard to understand.

Edit, also, in the middle of the picture, its gunna be likea jump, so you can either take the safe way, or jump that bitch. Its all about choice.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I love the paper mache idea man.... Nice and light weight... You could have some killer hills, and off road terrain, and totally custom do it.

That gives me some ideas myself....

Keep us posted man.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

That is fucking awsome.

I'd recomend that black rubberized undercoating spray like they use on cars. Advance Auto and Auto Zone have it, and I'll bet walmart does too. It makes an uneven surface that you could sprinkle with dirt, etc. Would provide good grip, but definately take it easy with that stuff. If you get it on thick (any more than a tiny little bit) it will take forever to dry. Many very thin coats. You can sprinkle on the dirt, tiny glass clippings, and other stuff while it is drying.

Best of luck to ya!
-JNY
TallduDe
bitThug

Post by TallduDe »

cool idea man!

its good cause you can design any surface and terrain you want and not be stuck with cardboard boxes, will look more professional aswell.

keep us upto date with pics 8-)
-------------------------------------------------

Cheers