Outdoor ZZMT Track

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Outdoor ZZMT Track

Post by MotorGong »

This is underneath a carport at the house I rent.
A little unclear, but you get the jist.
This is when it has not been maintained. 5 hours with beers and friends 2 weeks ago, and all the kids and animals of the neighborhood pouncin' through it.

That red deal to the right is an auto-ramp/lift. The ZZMT wouldn't go up it with out dirt on it, but the auto-ramp has holes built in it. I just used duct tape on the underside of the ramp, and the dirt stays.
Below the ramp, you see all those pieces of wood. I sort of dug out the ground and made it so the pieces of wood are flush with the track. Kind of a cool effect.
That thin wooden ramp might seem obnoxious, but it's easy to drive up, and 9/10 times everybody lands upright!
The far back of the track is NOT under the car port. With the Washington rain, it often gives the track more character and a 'wet/muddy section'. Not too much though, mud INSIDE a ZZMT is HELL!!!

I've since got rid of the Quaker Oat Tunnel. It fits the ZZMTs great, but one move left or right and your truck rolls over.

The whole track is surrounded by 2 strands of clear outdoor christmas lights. That yellow cord hangin' down is a 500-WATT halogen shop light adhered to the roof of the car port pointing straight down.
At night, when friends are over, and we're all drinkin' and smokin', it's a cool effect. Kinda simulates a real Monster Truck show.

I put up a cheapo fence. This is after I told the neighborhood kids numorous times to walk around.
Some are foster kids. They always say sorry, I think they mean well. They still come through sometimes where I tried to quickly draw a red skull-n-bones, and turned out to look like a shiatty cartoon.

The yellow circle is where the neighbor's cats keep shiattin' n pissin' within a couple mounds of dirt.

I went to a monster truck/motor cross show a long time ago, and remember a particular corner in the track that was absurdly sharp. Most of the time, the trucks had to back-up and adjust because of thier lack of turning radius. It was great to watch, and I tried to simulate it where the blue circle is.

It looks better at present, with long straight pieces of wood for more definitive borders, better moguls, etc.

IT'S BEEN GREAT!! A complete circle all the way around, and then the paths on the inside. It gave many options in planning out laps for races.

But honestly, after about 21/2 months, it needs a change. Stagg's right with his Paper Mache'd track when he said "it's all about choice." This track is 'on a rail', and that kinda loses the thrill of choice and 'go anywhere'. And these are MTs!!!!!

So I plan to do something with a little more freedom for the driver.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
filelicker
bitNinja

Post by filelicker »

That rocks..... I love it ... very creative.
People are like slinkies..... they are the most fun when you push them down stairs.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

That's awesome man - absolutely creative.
Looks like fun as all get out.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

awesome dude, when my MT arrives, the empty patch of dirt under the house is gonna get a makeover
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

That's really cool. How many trucks have you had going at once?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

SuperFly wrote:That's really cool. How many trucks have you had going at once?
thinking "out of the box" i'd say 2! :cool: :lol:
i used to be cool
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

that's right, those don't have the 5 frequency choice like SEs. :?
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Love it. I hear you on choices, but damn man, that is a great pleace to Dirty up some MTs on a weekend. :-o
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
ph2t
bitPimp

Re: Outdoor ZZMT Track

Post by ph2t »

The whole track is surrounded by 2 strands of clear outdoor christmas lights. That yellow cord hangin' down is a 500-WATT halogen shop light adhered to the roof of the car port pointing straight down.
at least you can use the setup to grow hydro.....

cool track man, but stay awa from the cat piss, that shit will kill yer liver!

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Thanks for the comments, man!

The big drawback is only 2 frequencies 'out of the box :grin: '.
I do have friends over about every 3 weeks or so, and if you're not hittin' up the ZZMT track here, you're in the garage on the bit tracks.

You guys have probably done the same thing, but I have put these ZZMTs through a lot of HELL, and they just keep goin'!
I just stay away from sand and mud. I love cleanin' them up, but get sick of opening them up all the way to get that crap out. I've had minimal problems, even with loose dirt.

Hydro sounds great, but it's just a carport, and 100% controlled climate hydro is the best. :smile:

45tr0, I highly recommend getting the motor/gear upgrade unless you're gonna mod that sucka right away. What a difference it makes.

And what keeps cats away, I ran out of BBs. :smile: j/k
Isn't it moth balls or something?

Anyway, I'm hot on changin' this track around, I'll keep you guys informed.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

And what keeps cats away, I ran out of BBs. j/k
Isn't it moth balls or something?
A dog.

That track is cool as hell. I've been keeping the dirt out front nice and swept up so I can run my MTs out there without too much crud getting inside, but you got me thinking I need to lay out a track out there. That looks like more fun.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Wow... more shit that happened while I was "away" for the summer. Dude, that track rules... I've been wanting to do a similar thing in my back yard, but just haven't. Now summer's done and it'll have to wait, dammit. That looks fun as hell... nice layout.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

Id kick the cats ass flat out...
Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not
redrustbucket
bitGangsta'

Post by redrustbucket »

sweet and it's covered !
The devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own...
tlca # 14622