WOOT. badlandsrc's track owns!

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

WOOT. badlandsrc's track owns!

Post by pimpsmurf »

I never knew that THIS track was in my area! I found a flyer at the LHS and made my way there today. WOW oh WOW. This thing is awsome. :-D My MZM was a blast in the dirt. :D Unfortunately, I had groove tires on the front and slicks on the back because I didn't know there was really a track like that, and was planning to run on the tennis court.

I did not have much traction obviously, but I was able to get a few high-speed jumps in (throttling like a mother). The track is a little different right now. It has more turns and cuts in it. I took one of the jumps at about 15mph and went off the track and landed upside down, and lost power to the motor. I havn't figured it out yet. I'm hoping it's just a wire somewhere, but they all look intact. Sucks :o

-JNY
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

That track looks huge area-wise.
There's no drivers stand? Drivers are just on the sidelines? That's gotta be rough.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Yeah, there's a stand. They just didn't get real good shots of the track...

http://www.badlandsrc.com/images/DSCF0003.JPG

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

Yeah. The drivers stand is high enough to get a great view of the area. It is a really nice track. I figured out what killed my MZM. Tribbo comm drops eats brushes when you use way too much. It was really fast until it stoped working. =)

When the brush came off, the brush arm got caught in the comm and ripped up the ultra dash comm that took forever to get here from singopore. :sad:

Then I took the truck back out there and lost a lock nut and some wheel shims. It just isn't my day.

-JNY
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

moral of the story?

leave comm drops to the "1 race, 1 rebuild" crew! 8-)
i used to be cool
yakboy
bitPlaya'

Post by yakboy »

Great track but I think a tad large for bits, I think the dirt would clog up the mech a little :-D Seriously it looks prety kick ass, we don't have anything like that in the UK, and isn't rebuilding your RC's on a regular basis half the fun of this hobby?
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

That track is way cool!!!

I've heard of more than a few around my parts!!!
Including a large indoor racetrack 20min away!!!

Once I get something other than bits, I'll be checkin' em out!
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual