Mini-Z Racer Innagural Racing Event

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Mini-Z Racer Innagural Racing Event

Post by Mazda787b »

Tonight was the first of what I hope will be many nights of racing with the guys from MZR and Tiny R/C. We had a track comprised of 2 RPC Wide-Ls and a CORE transponder system.

There were some problems with the CORE transponder loop. The signal strength was very low, so we moved the loop away from a metal shelf and the signal actually got worse. Even making the loop into a bridge didn't seem to help. The guys running Kyosho cars were glitching while crossing the Loop. But the funny thing was, with my iWaver Tx, I did not experience any glitching until the Core loop was taken off.

Anyways, it was a ton of fun. I had a good time hanging out with all you guys, and for not liking R/Cs much my dad liked it too. I do know that I will be purchasing an MR-02 soon. I now can see the diffierence between a Kyosho 02, iWaver or and Kyosho MR-01. Dave was nice enough to let me drive his MR-01 when the Zs were shooting down my Xmod Evo. Unfortunately, the servo horn jumped the track so I drove an iW-01 GT40. We also had some Epoches there, and I am now a believer. They are a rocket in stock form, and take to the track with ease.

I believe it was Me, Dave (Mini-Z), Draconious, Will3kgt, SonicFury, onrailz/chuck, and badskater. All in all it was a hoot. I hope it does continue. Next Friday is the day after Thanksgiginv, so I don't think its happening. I do think that every other Friday is better than on a weekly basis. More people will be more willing to come if you do not hold as many races.

Anyways, I snapped a few shots:

Mini-Z's 575GTC after some hard racing. Look at how the RCP makes the dirt effect on the cars, just like in Real Life!

Draconious' F40 MR-02. He supposedly used Altezza front offset wheels to fit it under the shell (Hope I didn't give away any secrets!).

Onrailz's (or was it badskater's) Gulf McLaren F1. They both had the same shell, couldn't tell them apart.

Can't wait til next time!
There's no replacement for displacment.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

That sucks about the transponder thing. Sounds like you guys had a load of fun anyway! :-o
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

Where you guys racing at? I may go dow there to check it out :-)
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

It's in Downtown Ann Arbor. I can get you a map if you'd like. It is every other Friday from 6-whenever. I cannot make it until after Christmas due to hockey. They are having it tomorrow and two weeks from then, etc. I have a hockey game on Saturday, so I can't go. Then on the 16th, we have a Christmas Tournament.

But head on over the the Tracks & GTG section of MZR and they have all the info you need.
There's no replacement for displacment.