MafiaSpeed Way...

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

MafiaSpeed Way...

Post by MafiaS »

This here track is taking me a while. It has to be done in many steps. I plan on actually making it a city type of track. Notice there are four blocks, or sections. Each section will be a block of the city. I plan on one of the cities to be little Italy. One section the hood, another section Vegas Styles, and the last section will be Cali styles maybe, or some sort of European look to it.

So far I planed the actual track outline. My next step is making the buildings and street signs and such. Then I will paint.

To give you guys a feel of the track I made this vid with my brother. Hope you enjoy.

THE VIDEO

http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=08120 ... 2902/track test video 1.wmv

or this one not sure which one works

http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=08120 ... eo%201.wmv

TRY AND GIVE IT SOME TIME TO LOAD. THANK YOU.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Wow, that looks tough! Is there a piece of cheese at the finish line? :-D
RyanL

Post by RyanL »

Nice track! What did you tear up to get all the cardboard?
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Nice track and layout. :-o

Looks a bit complex for a Bit. :???:

Do you have some sort of "Super" bit to drive around there?
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

sg219 wrote:Nice track and layout. :-o

Looks a bit complex for a Bit. :???:
That is a nice track, I was thinking the same thing.
I bet there's a lot drivers that'd run out of charge before they finished a lap on that beast. :lol:
Cool none the less though, it screams for a proportional car.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Yee it is a bit complex. I am pretty sure you could get in a few laps. I ran a bit with a shitty batt and charge and I ran about 8 laps. When we race we could use a pit stop, so you have to plan your actual laps.

Eh superfly I was thinking the same thing when I was building it. "This fucking thing looks like a maze!" It kinda discouraged me but non the less I was eager to finish it up and race. Now all the kids on the street are getting into bits, and love the track. I think once I am done I might donate it to the kid I gave the ferrari f40 to.

Thanks for the comliments, and definately peeps you need a bit that handles on rails. But, I ran that same chassis in the video with a 3.0 motor and it helds its ground. The lanes are pretty wide and the rails keep it nice to race. Slower motors may be precise but once they hit the rails the just stop, a faster car rubs the rails nice.

Any suggestions on the paint or visual of the track? or is the city idea cool?
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Can I come race on your track?

I promise my car won't poop on it.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

haha...sure you can come race. Only if that poor ol mouse can handle the 10 degrees below right now.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

MafiaS wrote:haha...sure you can come race. Only if that poor ol mouse can handle the 10 degrees below right now.
If it's snowin.. Take some of your bigger rides outside! :-)

Its a nice traack, and I can't wait to see it done. As the others said, it seems a bit complex, but I think you can handle it :D .. I sure can't. I suck at driving too much. :sad:
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

The thing is it's pretty fun with a regular chassis running a 1.0 - 2.6 motor. It won't handle much more speed. But a torque not so long geared car runs perfect. I ran a 2.6 with baby blue gears and sticky tires and this thing never really touches the edges. I just had to get used to the track. Even rookies got used to it. I am trying to finish it as fast as I cant so we will see how it ends up!
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

great looking track mate! definitely looks like a challenging course, but that is half the fun!
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"