Micro Tank Battlefield (Updated, now with scoring system)

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
pl_bitpimps

Micro Tank Battlefield (Updated, now with scoring system)

Post by pl_bitpimps »

I've just finished building my micro tank battlefield. The battlefield contains 15 modular pieces (1' X 1'), and the total size is 3' X 5'. I want to add some more pieces in the future, but I need some fresh ideas on the scenery. Any suggestions, guys?

ImageImage

ImageImage
Last edited by pl_bitpimps on Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.
pl_bitpimps

Post by pl_bitpimps »

ImageImage
ImageImage

Right now, I'm building a dc circuit for the battlefield. It will have some infrared sensor bases for the tanks to capture, there will be 6 bases on the battlefield. The dc circuit is about 80% finished, I will post some more pictures when it's done.
Last edited by pl_bitpimps on Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Holy shit, it's like Battlefield 2 come to life! lol
That's cool.
As for scenery, I can only think of typical train scenery.
I like the destroyed buildings ya got going.

Welcome to the hood. :-)
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

That layout is the shizznit.
I can see the houses in base A exploding now.

Great work man
Welcome to the hood

Maxx
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

:shock: .. That is some crazy shit right there. I thought the same as Cabo when I saw this. I can just imagine micro Humvees and APC's running around on this thing fighting each other. And as a bonus, he can type correctly and has pictures! Welcome man, this is a great start, compared to many of the others... :-o
pl_bitpimps

Post by pl_bitpimps »

:grin: evoraptor, I was actually thinking the same thing...... well not Humvees though (has to be WWII). After the dc circuit thing, I'm planning to do some modifications:

1. change the body shells of 4 micro tanks with (1/76 scale) King Tiger, Panzer IV J, IS-2, Sherman Firefly (everyone know where I can find a US Pershing tank at around this scale??? :???: )

2. change the body shells of 2 microsizers with (1/72 scale) Opel Blitz truck and GMC CCKW-353 truck. Well...... maybe a Chevy G7107 truck (4X4) instead of GMC CCKW-353 truck (6X6); seems easier to make 4 wheels instead of 6 wheels. :-?
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

:shock:
This is fucking awesome. He's even got small hills in there too.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

great work, the effort makes it worth it. i'd wanna start warring on a layout like that! :-o

next time you post pics, try not to get the total width wider than 600 pixels. like how i edited them above. thanks :-)
i used to be cool
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Welcome pl_bitpimps.

Do my eyes deceive me? Or am I looking at some Combat DigiQ's on your diorama? :smile:

Hopefully you've got the Turret-Controllable versions, if so and perhaps even the sound tower?

You've already got a sweet layout, but if you're looking for a few more ideas...

- Running around on flat surface is fun for awhile, but what I like is driving my tanks up stuff. So I'd say put some things on the battlefield that a tank could drive up.

- Checkout the Desktop Rover. Setting up some video action, from the tank perspective would be damned sweet with that battlefield setup.
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

You could keep your eyes out for HO gauge train stuff. If you've ever seen a small city made in a car garage, you'll understand. Stop me if you already know what I'm talking about. The train hobby has a few different scales. The HO is about 1:60 scale. You could even find 1:60 scale people to populate the city/get run the f!@# over. There's also some very good hobby train magazines that have tons of info on how to make land scapes. For example, epoxy makes great imitation lakes/ponds/rivers/etc..

I know a little about this because my father has been building one of these such cities for about 5 years. In fact, I'm going to visit my family this Christmas. I should get some photos of it to show it off and to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Going off of what Namuna said, my father's set has tons of ups and downs. In fact my dad's HO gauge train set/city would probably make a kick ass war zone. Even the trains running around the city could be the mother of all hazards. :???:
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

You could add some broken down military equipment or add a river like I did in my tank terrain!

I really like your layout man vary nice work! :-)

here is the river and bridge I built maybe it will give you some ideas!

Do you have any pics of just the tanks? Did you do any decals or custom work to them?
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Holy....that is wierd STG. I remember a while back like in the summer. When I was first reading up on Micro RC, I was looking at track scenery stuff, and for some reason i stumbled upon that pic of your bridge or tank terrain or w.e. I remember my exact thoughts.

Holy shit I am going to make a track for the micros with a river along the side and a bridge to cross over to another area.

After seeing that pic it just gave me some weird ass flashbacks. Funny how things come together here in the hood.

This fuckin site is just meant to be man...Destiny for the pimps...

(Sorry for being all Philosophical)...hmm...**loveuguys**..hmhmm..

Ps..sWeEt Pics!
pl_bitpimps

Post by pl_bitpimps »

Nah, those are not Combat Digi-Q's. They are just some old VSTank's with no turret function. However, I have preordered a couple new VSTank's with turret function and I should probably get them in January/February.

Back to the scenery. I had thought about using the model railroad stuff (HO scale), like those from Faller and Auhagen. Their buildings have a very authentic European look. But the model railroad stuff is a little out of my budget, so I end up making my own stuff.

About the "driving up and down", that's sounds like a good idea. But I don't want something too "out of place", it has to to look natural in a WWII era european environment. Maybe I will make some bridges, or higher elevated hills. Thanks for the ideas guys. Keep it coming.
Last edited by pl_bitpimps on Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
pl_bitpimps

Post by pl_bitpimps »

Steelwoolghandi, you got a great looking terrain layout there!!! I especially like the river shore outcrops, very nice!!! I think I saw that in Micro RC Center some time ago, am I right? Actually, I have thought about doing a "river&bridge" or "railroad&bridge" concept, but it just seems too much work to me.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

pl_bitpimps wrote:Steelwoolghandi, you got a great looking terrain layout there!!! I especially like the river shore outcrops, very nice!!! I think I saw that in Micro RC Center some time ago, am I right? Actually, I have thought about doing a "river&bridge" or "railroad&bridge" concept, but it just seems too much work to me.
Yah that was my stuff over then when I was younger and stupid!

The River deal is real easy it took me only a few days to go from foam to river and bridge it does not take long even the paint looks harder then it is.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics: