Bannister Land Speedway [vid now on youTube]

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Bannister Land Speedway [vid now on youTube]

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Recently, I've been pouring money into Xmods. And the profit returns have rejeuvenated my intrests in them. I'm building a simple outdoor track for my WRX. All the materials are bought amd I'm going to be using the parkinglot of an abandoned building. It just needs to be swept clean and I'll be good to go. Here is the plan, feel free to use it. It's 1:2 scale. with one block being a 2ft square. For indoor you can scale it down I guess.

Here it is:

The main straight is 40ft long for good highspeed racing.

I'll post pics of it later this weekend, with a vid very soon after.

Maxx
Last edited by Maxximum Attack on Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

mmMMmm I like the S turn just befor the straight...yummy... keep it up big guy!
Xcore
bitHood

Post by Xcore »

Nice job but you spelled 'lengths' wrong.
Bigg wrote:hi i would like it if everybody would post a pic ofn themselves in latex underwear that they took
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

Xcore wrote:Nice job but you spelled 'lengths' wrong.
blow it out yer ass :-)
i used to be cool
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Xcore wrote:Nice job but you spelled 'lengths' wrong.
Oh crap, a human being actually made a grammatical error can you believe that!! :thebird:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

He also didn't capitalize "Straights". But I think it's a nice enough setup that if he SHOWS PICS everybody will let it slide.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

frizzen wrote:He also didn't capitalize "Straights". But I think it's a nice enough setup that if he SHOWS PICS everybody will let it slide.
:gives:
Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

I'm only counting 2 T-joints on this track. I realy like the layout, might even make a suitable drift track. I should build me something like this. (Or should i finish my mitsu?)
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Zenith wrote:I'm only counting 2 T-joints on this track. I realy like the layout, might even make a suitable drift track. I should build me something like this. (Or should i finish my mitsu?)
The other 2 T's are for the startline. It'll be like an ovehead thing that i've seen on other PVC tracks. It spans the lane with 2 up-rights and a cross member much like a soccer goal over the startline.

My cheapo hacksaw broke on me today :o , what do I expect from a dollar store hacksaw huh? *stupid me*

It will definately be finished and operational tomorrow, once I can borrow a saw to cut the internal barriers, the outside is done. PICS TOMORROW!!

@zenith: If you have people to race against, do the track. If you're alone, do the mitsu first :-o

Maxx
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFGQ-hxQpU4[/YouTube]

Two outings on my new track, in the evening my nephews came and raced with me. I smoked him 8) He even began cutting across the course and I still kicked his ass. You can see from the vid the vast difference between my shimmed setup and the normal blue stage 2 motor. It accelerates faster and is better suited for the track.

My motors timing is advanced and that's why I'm faster than him. I really want to have a good race with my buddy, I advanced his S2 blue so we're evenly matched. Maybe next weekend, their school i sstarting their 2nd trimester tomorrow.

For now, enjoy the vid. I enjoyed making it.

Track pics:

Maxx
Last edited by Maxximum Attack on Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

is that PVC pipe? That looks like a nice large place to run, perfect for an xmod.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Yep 1/2 inch cold water pipe. Plus it's just heavy enough that you don't have to secure it to the ground.

I don't know how long this racing is going to last, the venue is up for sale. Eventhough it's not really prime realestate. I'm hoping I can get LOTS of cars racing on it soon.

Maxx
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Nice layout, now you need someone to race against. Get some buddies and have an all out mod race!!!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

MafiaS wrote:Nice layout, now you need someone to race against. Get some buddies and have an all out mod race!!!
My buddy was having some "technical difficulties" . His batteries were spazzing, and there was no charger or time to charge(15mins) cuz it was getting dark. He'll just have to wait till next weekend :-o . I'll probly be attempting to drift on it tomorrow :?

Maxx
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Maxximum Attack wrote:I don't know how long this racing is going to last, the venue is up for sale. Eventhough it's not really prime realestate.
Where's it at? What's around? What's the neighborhood like?
Maybe we'll get a bitPimps fund going and buy it, build a condo and time share it between us all! :lol:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.