So...We're Building A Track...

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Thanks guys...

CJ we will probably hit up some vids soon, but we might wait till the track is actually all painted and bordered. Or else if we just start racing right away we might not ever get to building and completing.

Maxxa, that hairpin is terribly tight. For a miniZ it is in and out no problem, just drop the nozzle a touch and pull a sweet S.

For the Gen1 Xmod you gotta go into it very wide, and cut across the red and white bumper. Once you pass the bumper shoot the handle right and it should make it. I usually do. I think with a steering fix though the Xmod will handle it no problem. The only thing I don't like is that the miniZ hs the "Gitty up and Go" perfect for the turns and medium straights. While the Gen1 wants to roar, but it needs a bit more space. That is why I keep askin peeps for some torque advice for my xmod. I need to make it swift ahah..

SWG - Because this is our first time building a track ever. It looks like we are gonna need help.

Basically we want to know how to build some houses, and mountains. We figured out what was good for the rocks and stuff.

One other thing is we are going to build a dealership on the far side just after the staight, not where the rocks and grass are, opposite side. I just need to know what materials are best because if we keep spending money on shit we don't need than obviously it will be a huge waste.

Thanks for the tips and comments!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I'd love to bring my WRX there, I know it would handle it. Alas, no money :sad:
Can't wait to see when it's done :-o

Maxx
bl95

Post by bl95 »

Maxximum Attack wrote:I'd love to bring my WRX there, I know it would handle it. Alas, no money :sad:
Can't wait to see when it's done :-o

Maxx
Hey sammy its me steve.
pics looks cool on the site.
There's a lot of work still to be done. Looks easier than we anticipated.
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

ehhh!!!! I got him to join up to the site.

haha I have been preaching about bitpimps since the end of august.

ps..if you did'nt realize that's my uncle and owner of the track aha!
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

:eek: Brings back the memories, i used to have something similar but nowhere as nice as yours is. :eek: :-o :-o
bl95

Post by bl95 »

MafiaS wrote:ehhh!!!! I got him to join up to the site.

haha I have been preaching about bitpimps since the end of august.

ps..if you did'nt realize that's my uncle and owner of the track aha!
You help design and make the track so its your track too, .lol..
I bought some trees and looking into some G scale houses a bit pricey, but i 'm sure we could figure something. The turf is on order so that should close things off. Practice runs with the Z is delaying the construction, and oh ya the video of the your Xmod i have maybe i'll post it here.
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Stock 350z Xmod takes the stage on the track! Check it...

Let it buffer...

www.rcsports.ca/movies/MOV02840.MPG
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

nice vid, sounds like you got some range issues down there. Maybe it's the battery in your Tx going dead :-? . You need to do some steering mods to that 350Z, I heard that it was stock. Funny enough, stock seems decently fast for that track. Maybe get some grippier tyres for upfront so the back will kick out some for that VERY :shock: tight hairpin. My WRX can still take it :lol: .

Great vid man, get some barriers up. You're all over the place lol :-)
MafiaS wrote:Short-cut!
Maxx
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

it's the battery in your Tx going dead
Ya nailed it! It isn't usually that bad...

I will do some steering mods, just tryna find the guts to do some damage.

Once we get the turf on we wont need barriers, We want the track designed like real life. Meaning if a car were to travel along the turf or carpeting it would slow the vehicle down and you would have to swerve back onto the road.

The sweet thing about the track is the parts painted a brownish green are a little slippery, so it acts like sand when a car hits it, the wheels spin and it is difficult to grip. Borders I think make races too simple.

It is fun to have the "driver" affect put into play when you race.
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

that thing is HUGE. i agree with you on the barriers/track thing. that's the way to go.
btw, sigarette packs are a great build material. good for walls, barriers as they absorb impact force. :-) you can get imprint of your car in one of them :lol:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

So which one of ya claimed the little pink chair? :lol:
Looks like a fun track.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

hey hey don't be dissin the chair ahha! :cool:
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

Dang.. You gots a huge basement.. Nice driving :lol: (actually its alot better that I can do, so that wasn't really sarcastic.)
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Great video man thanks for sharing oh and I like the bubble wrap around the poles that classic man! :lol:

I am really looking forward to seeing this track with the boarders and terrain!
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Looks like tomorrow will be a busy day...

Here are the plans

- hit up home depot for some turf/carpet stuff
- lay out turf
- paint the red bumper lines
- plaster the bumper lines for some real track affect
- finish the rest of the borders
- add more lights
- get back paint
- paint garage

- **(important advice or suggestions needed)***-

WHERE THE HELL CAN I A GET LAP COUNTER/TIMING SYSTEM?

If we don't pick up the turf, more than 75 percent of that list won't be completed, we will just race the rest of the day...That's all we did last night.

Once the Mr-02 started kicking the Xmods ass, my uncle let the Xmod scoot ahead a half a lap and he tried to catch me. Then it got fun ahha!